Splatoon

EffinFancy

It is fun!  It's a nice alternative to COD which I grew tired of and you don't need to kills to win since you have to basically paint the floor.  They have a competitive playlist and I've found that refreshing.  Any who...

I don't know why I didn't add the Wii U as one of my filtering devices!  I guess I didn't really think about it, but I'll definitely add to the thread once I start playing today.  I tend to almost always get into Japanese lobbies and the lag is disgustingly bad to the point where the guy I killed, kills me in the afterlife.  

my 7yr old lad is addicted to this and i had to lol as he is only interested in ranked play,the downside for me is being woken at 06:30 on a sunday morning listening to him whooping and fist pumping when he wins.

Oooh sounds relaxing too! Hahaha well hopefully we can prevent that, I know how Japanese hosts are, they were horrific on Halo 3 back in the day!

Oh my goodness! Japan actually affected you guys too even though you guys are far away? Wow!  :blink:

Say hello to their overly advantageous internet connections! Hahaha

• Administrators

Oh my goodness! Japan actually affected you guys too even though you guys are far away? Wow!  :blink:

Say hello to their overly advantageous internet connections! Hahaha

Hahahaha I can't even begin to explain how bad it was!

This game is great when it stays connected. Is anyone having issues with connectivity in this game? Every other game for me, it disconnects and says connection is unstable and boots me out. I don't have an ethernet adapter for the Wii U so it's on Wireless.

Hi Iain,

Thank you for the response. It was actually happening a lot more before I turned the geofilter on. I also rebooted the router and that has seemed to help the issue.

As a side note, anyone who has a Wii U or has been contemplating getting one, Splatoon is fantastic! It's a great change of pace from your normal first or third person shooter. I highly recommend giving it a try!

This game is great when it stays connected. Is anyone having issues with connectivity in this game? Every other game for me, it disconnects and says connection is unstable and boots me out. I don't have an ethernet adapter for the Wii U so it's on Wireless.

I've been on wireless and have not experienced any issues.  Only "issue", though a non-issue due to the geo-filter, is I can't find any US lobbies.  Pretty irritating when you've played in US lobbies then get into Japanese lobbies where you get shot from a dead body.  

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Hello!

Does anyone know which port(s) this game uses to host p2p matches?

Is it possible to see that in Netduma?

If you have the R1 in your hubs DMZ and UPnP on etc the ports needed should be open already, however a quick search said 12 & 53 helped someone so you could try that if needed.

Archived