Network Prioritisation

Impulse

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, Impulse said:

I haven't changed anything, tried flushing the cloud and searching but still nothing. Finding games with 140ping

Turn on Strict Mode if you haven't already. I'd even turn off Ping Assist in this case - do you find low ping games with that setup? Could you screenshot your settings and screenshot when this happens? That'd be super helpful just to see it. Thanks!

• Administrators

Your radius is over Saudi Arabia, is that where you live? If so you will definitely need to expand your radius to cover Southern Europe in order to get a game which should give you sub 100ms ping.

It's actually over UAE, since I live in Dubai. There is a server in the middle East so I don't see why i have to connect to southern Europe. Keep in mind, I'd consistently get below 30ms ping up until a few days ago.

• Administrators

It could be that our cloud server update moved it incorrectly or it could be that the server is no longer active for some reason. By any chance do you have the ID for the server to hand for us to check? Otherwise I think your best bet for now is to include Southern Europe.

• Administrators

In that case what I would ask you to do please is have the Geo-Filter on Spectating Mode and join one of your friends for a game and see where the server pops up, verify it has the long ping you expect and then please give us the ID and we can move it back.

So how long would that take ? Is there no way of a hot fix or something because this ping is quite frustrating. Or maybe point out where the server has been moved to so I could try manipulating the filter to select it ?

• Administrators

Hi  there - we hope to have a Cloud update this week and we will include these corrections for these mislocated servers