XR500 disconnecting only some devices.

• Administrators

Hi there - does the Xbox with the issue have the instant-on mode enabled? There’s a known issue with instant on that can cause disconnects. 

The simplest workaround for now is to disable instant on  and jut do full power offs. Microsoft are looking into a solution

Nope both consoles are in power saving mode, I played on both consoles today and the same one kept disconnecting and the rest of the xbox's stayed connected. I blocked the other xboxs ip in the device manager a week ago but I factory reset the router. Could that be why? I have also gave static ip's to all the xbox's.

• Netduma Staff
9 hours ago, steamblop said:

Nope both consoles are in power saving mode, I played on both consoles today and the same one kept disconnecting and the rest of the xbox's stayed connected. I blocked the other xboxs ip in the device manager a week ago but I factory reset the router. Could that be why? I have also gave static ip's to all the xbox's.

Interesting. I'm sceptical of blocking a device causing this issue, since the factory reset like you say should clear the block. Have you tried deleting that particular Xbox from the Device Manager before connecting it again?

If that Xbox is connected to the Modem does it ever disconnect? Which firmware version are you on, and have you tried connecting the Xbox using a different Ethernet cable that works?

Yes and when I disconnect and try to delete it, it will say cannot delete because device is online, Even when offline. I tried the xbox on ethernet and it still happen. This is the only device that is affected including a phone. Version V2.3.2.40

• Netduma Staff
11 hours ago, steamblop said:

They both have static ip's and nope not using geo filter for the one being disconnected.

This is a strange one. I have a feeling the disconnects and not being able to delete it from the Device Manager could be related, since it's the only device affected in both cases. I'll pass this to a developer to look at in case we can get to the source of it!