Blops 4 Menue Lag

JOE1305

Morning folks,

just a general question. I installed a ssd with 1TB few months ago in my ps4 because on WW2 I realized this menue lag. Everything was so slow and stuttering. The same shit is now on blops 4. And sometimes when I play games suddenly the blue screen appears for 1-2 seconds like I would press PS button on the controller to go to the PS Menue. Yesterday I wanted to open the PS4 to clean it, but you need a special tool to do it. My question is do you guys also experience this menue lags or is it just me? Is maybe my PS4 broken? Its now 4 years old.

Thx in advance

If PS4 is anything like Xbox One then it's always like that, even the X1X.
Shitty companies, with shitty developers, making shitty changes to shitty operating systems.

I doubt there's anything wrong with your PS4 at all. Clear the cache too, that might help.

On top of that BO4's in game menus are something special, they stink, laggy and clunky, I end up clicking on the wrong thing probably 50% of the time because of it. Just horrible.

15 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

If PS4 is anything like Xbox One then it's always like that, even the X1X.
Shitty companies, with shitty developers, making shitty changes to shitty operating systems.

I doubt there's anything wrong with your PS4 at all. Clear the cache too, that might help.

On top of that BO4's in game menus are something special, they stink, laggy and clunky, I end up clicking on the wrong thing probably 50% of the time because of it. Just horrible.

thx for your response. i thought i was the only one. i cleared the cache too. nothing better. while gaming this blue screen appears for about 2 seconds. i hate it because it happens when im rushing and when im coming into gunfights

6 hours ago, JOE1305 said:

thx for your response. i thought i was the only one. i cleared the cache too. nothing better. while gaming this blue screen appears for about 2 seconds. i hate it because it happens when im rushing and when im coming into gunfights

The clunky slowness is definitely normal in my experience but the blue screen appears when you're actually in a game running around?

That's different, I don't think that's normal - there's no Xbox equivalent anyway.

Could it be that your pad is triggering that to come up? Have you got another pad that you can play with for a bit to see if it still happens?

Unless this is when people join your chat party, on Xbox this causes a massive lag spikes every time sometimes joins your party. It seems to be a BO4 problem that the developers are aware of but are struggling to fix.

2 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

The clunky slowness is definitely normal in my experience but the blue screen appears when you're actually in a game running around?

That's different, I don't think that's normal - there's no Xbox equivalent anyway.

Could it be that your pad is triggering that to come up? Have you got another pad that you can play with for a bit to see if it still happens?

Unless this is when people join your chat party, on Xbox this causes a massive lag spikes every time sometimes joins your party. It seems to be a BO4 problem that the developers are aware of but are struggling to fix.

yes, it appears while gaming. what do you mean with pad? another controller? i have 2 controllers and it doesnt matter which one i use its the same. when i already play for about 2-3 hours then it starts appearing. there is no difference if im in a chat party or not. its just random

1 hour ago, JOE1305 said:

yes, it appears while gaming. what do you mean with pad? another controller? i have 2 controllers and it doesnt matter which one i use its the same. when i already play for about 2-3 hours then it starts appearing. there is no difference if im in a chat party or not. its just random

Are you running a HDMI splitter?

Have you tried a new HDMI cable?

If you have your pad connected via a 3rd party USB cable while gaming this can happen.

2 hours ago, Zennon said:

Are you running a HDMI splitter?

Have you tried a new HDMI cable?

If you have your pad connected via a 3rd party USB cable while gaming this can happen.

No Im not using a splitter and the hdmi cables are new and have a very high quality. I have 3 meter usb cable but its not from a third party. I will test when I play wireless if this screen also appears

15 hours ago, JOE1305 said:

Yeah, I meant another controller. PUBG had a bug a while back which would randomly pop up the 'controller disconnected' message (as if the battery had run out), this sounds a bit like that.

Are you talking about a blue menu box popping up (even if it's an empty box) or this a total blue screen?

If it's a pop up box then it's more likely a controller / PS4 issue. But if it's a full blue screen then I'd say it's more likely what @Zennon said - some kind of communication fault, a signal dropout, power dip or interference.

Also, does your tv/monitor show this same blue colour when it has no signal input or this the same as the PS4 menu blue?

2 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

Yeah, I meant another controller. PUBG had a bug a while back which would randomly pop up the 'controller disconnected' message (as if the battery had run out), this sounds a bit like that.

Are you talking about a blue menu box popping up (even if it's an empty box) or this a total blue screen?

If it's a pop up box then it's more likely a controller / PS4 issue. But if it's a full blue screen then I'd say it's more likely what @Zennon said - some kind of communication fault, a signal dropout, power dip or interference.

Also, does your tv/monitor show this same blue colour when it has no signal input or this the same as the PS4 menu blue?

The blue screen on PS4 is a known fault if you use your pad plugged in with a USB cable, especially one longer than 1m.

1 hour ago, Zennon said:

The blue screen on PS4 is a known fault if you use your pad plugged in with a USB cable, especially one longer than 1m.

but that shouldnt be a problem zennon. i unluckily dont have space for my own gaming room so that i can set up a monitor and short usb cable. im playing on a tv until i move with my girlfriend to a bigger appartment. i remember i didnt have that issue on cod ww2 with the same cable of 3 meters.