Device Manager NOT Working

I will check when i get home. Its weird because my dads laptop showed connected to “LAN” when he was connected to the AP but all other devices show offline.  And the AP is a tp link ac1750 with dhcp disabled running in AP mode.   If it is giving a different mac whats a fix for it?  I will update the status when im home

The only devices ive added to geo filter are the 2 xbox’s. All other devices are left alone   Both xboxes is hard wired directly to xr500 one via unmanaged switch. The other wired directly to it and always show online under LAN

On 5/13/2019 at 4:41 PM, Netduma Alex said:

Do the Xbox's appear multiple times in the device list or just once each?

Just once. But if i were to connect my xbox wireless it will show 2 devices. For each mac. Wired and wireless. If i forget network on my xbox it will eventually show 1 device. If i just plug in ethernet without forgetting wireless.  It will keep 2 devices. Wired online. Wireless offline with the xbox wireless static ip address

On 5/13/2019 at 4:41 PM, Netduma Alex said:

Do the Xbox's appear multiple times in the device list or just once each?

ok so the AP is using the same mac of the devices, not giving it a different one.. so not sure why devices connected wirelessly to it is not showing.    have you guys tried connecting to an AP wireless and  it shows online?

would cloning the mac of theRouter to the AP make any difference?

• Administrators

Yes we have done in the past, you mentioned you disabled DHCP on the AP then put it in AP mode. Could you reset that router then just go straight to AP mode and see if that makes any difference please.

Are the devices you're connecting connected via both wifi and ethernet even if it's only using one? Your Xbox was an example.

No. My brothers xbox is. Wireless shows offline his wired connection shows online. All my devices i forgot network before plugging in ethernet.   And my tplink is older so the only way to make it an ap is by disabling dhcp and connecting LAN. I did order a 2019 tplink a20 should have ap mode on that one.  I will get it tomorrow and see if it works.  Also ive noticed recently. Auto ping shows. Then keeps disappearing but i can see the players in my game on the map but the infomation on autoping. Like ping time etc is blank.  

On 5/14/2019 at 4:33 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay do keep us updated on the new one! If it's P2P then it's probably trying to re-ping whoever is sending more data at that time so that makes sense.

new tplink AC4000 came in today (A20) set it up out the box to ACCESS POINT. changed SSID and password to same as the XR700 changed the ip to static outside, router plus devices wirelessly connected to AP now shows on network map.. .. will see if its stable. i will update after a day or 2 to see if it remains.. thank you

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great to hear that, thanks for the update. Fingers crossed it's all resolved now :)

well i did a factore reset on the router. so far everything is looking good. this time i used a different SSID and no devices connecting wirelessly to the xr700 just to the AP  and the 2 xbox's wired to the xr700.  qos is working again as well

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great to hear that, thanks for the update. Fingers crossed it's all resolved now :)

one question.. when setting up the AP is it better to give the AP a static ip outside of the ips the xr700 hands out or just let the xr700 give the AP an IP address?

• 2 weeks later...

Just started to experience this issue myself.

• First, tried factory reset without power cycling, this seemed to work initially, however when I changed my IP on my PS4, it did not update in Device Manager
  • Next, I refreshed the page, and the old IP addy was still there, I had changed it from .3 to .5 and Device Manager was still displaying .3 (the previous IP addy)
  • I power cycled my PS4 off, tried to delete the PS4 from Device Manager, but it kept saying it was still on, so it couldn't delete it
  • Checked the fourms
  • Tried power cycling the XR500 with a factory reset, and now my PS4 is an unnamed device, which is expected, however when I power cycle it off, it's undeleteable again.

So:

• Is there a known workaround for this issue beside downgrading the FW?
  • Am I missing anything, because up until now, my XR500 has worked flawlessly, and ik Netduma tests thoroughly before releasing any FW upgrades :)