Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi everybody,

I have a DSL Interspeed of 40 and 10. When DumaOS came out I tested on dslreports where I get the best connection. It was at 70/70. Yesterday I tested again after all the updates for DumaOS came out I didnt even get one triple A+. Now I get a bufferbloat A+ with 40 and 50 (CC sliders). Makes no sense at all. The funny thing is I still dont get full speeds when I test it. Neither I got it with the original firmware nor with DumaOS.  I found out when anti-bufferbloat is on always it kinda slows down the speeds, but it only affects download not the upload how you can see on the dslreports images. Strange is that I get with 100% on the sliders only 13mbit download but when I click on never at least it raises to 29mbit but not even close to 40mbit. When I move the sliders down I get more speeds on the dslreports, that makes no sense at all. 

I would love to have this fixed, it was an issue since the original firmware. I have a baseping of 6ms and my connection is great how you can see on the pingplotter images. But gaming is not enjoyable especially on blops4. Every game mode lags core or hardcore. I know the games netcode is ass but I had the same problem on ww2. Having triple A+ on dslreports doesnt mean anything and having a Netduma neither. Im using the router for more than 2 years and have no benefits at all. I will upload the core gamelay of blops4 later, I didnt edit it yet. I have always been told that people joing your lobby outside your radius can affect the whole lobby. How come when I join a server outside of my country I dont have an advantage at all?? French people joining the server in Germany somehow have an advantage over other people and I dont know how. I cant even play hardcore modes it feels like people see me a second before I see them. Its so unenjoyable. 

The last thing is I tried the Ping Assist. Put the home location in the ocean with 30ms ping and strict mode off. Got connected to the server on the westcoast and had 25ms ping. Now how the hell is it possible that I have 25ms ping to a server thousands of kilometers away? Shouldnt the router show my exact ping to the server?

Im sorry for bitching but I had to address this because it makes no sense at all when players even without a Netduma have a better gaming experience than people who spent a lotta money on a device that is promising more improvement in gaming. Thx for your responses in advance. Peace

Westcoast server.png

60 Sliders_always_bufferbloat.png

70 Sliders_always_bufferbloat.png

70 Sliders_when high traffic detected.png

80 Sliders.png

100 Sliders_Bufferbloat Always.png

100 Sliders_Bufferbloat Never.png

Pingplotter_google.com.png

Pingplotter_google.de.png

Pingplotter_twitter.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure I've understood you fully here, but the way Anti-Bufferbloat works is it restricts your bandwidth speeds to prevent bufferbloat from occurring. So a % like 70% will limit your bandwidth but give you an A or A+ rating.

As for the Geo-Filter - we don't have every server in the right location. This is one reason we made Ping Assist in the first place - to allow connections through that are located incorrectly. Because they have a great ping, this means you can get games faster at a guaranteed low ping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Not sure I've understood you fully here, but the way Anti-Bufferbloat works is it restricts your bandwidth speeds to prevent bufferbloat from occurring. So a % like 70% will limit your bandwidth but give you an A or A+ rating.

As for the Geo-Filter - we don't have every server in the right location. This is one reason we made Ping Assist in the first place - to allow connections through that are located incorrectly. Because they have a great ping, this means you can get games faster at a guaranteed low ping.

you have 3 options in anti-bufferbloat. always - when high traffic is detected - never. i tested with all 3 and sliders at 100% and i didnt get my full speeds, but on my isp router i get full speeds. why is that?

i think the server on image above is located right, its in los angeles i think. why would the ping assist put me on this server when im from europe and we have a lot servers here?

with the original firmware i had triple A+´s when I moved the sliders down from 90% all the way to 30% and got the best results at down 30% and up 50%. since i upgraded to dumaos (when the open beta started) i got only at 70/70 the best results. and now i tested again i didnt even get triple A+ anymore. with my sliders at 40% down and 50% up i get bufferbloat A+ but quality a B or sometimes even a C rating. how can all this change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JOE1305 said:

i think the server on image above is located right, its in los angeles i think. why would the ping assist put me on this server when im from europe and we have a lot servers here?

 

It is not that it is connected to a server in los angeles, it is impossible for you to connect to such a distant server and get a ping as low, as it said NA is because that server is badly located, surely that server belongs to europe, I also connect sometimes to him and I usually have 20ms of ping and from experience I could even tell him that it is the server of Italy since with the original FW I was connected many times to the server in Italy and I used to receive that ping.

Its case is quite strange with the speeds, I always have obtained all the speed, both with original FW and with DumaOS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, titofuenla said:

 

It is not that it is connected to a server in los angeles, it is impossible for you to connect to such a distant server and get a ping as low, as it said NA is because that server is badly located, surely that server belongs to europe, I also connect sometimes to him and I usually have 20ms of ping and from experience I could even tell him that it is the server of Italy since with the original FW I was connected many times to the server in Italy and I used to receive that ping.

Its case is quite strange with the speeds, I always have obtained all the speed, both with original FW and with DumaOS.

I somehow never get fullspeeds on the R1. Neither with the original firmware nore with dumaos. I dont know maybe Im doing something wrong. I let the sliders at 100% and at device prioritisation I give my wired latop 100% download and upload and click update distribution. Do I have to do something else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Unless you have reinvented the laws of physics, that server was definitely in the wrong place!

Have you entered the correct total max speeds in Anti-Bufferbloats advanced settings?

Of course I did. I put the speeds Im paying for 40 download and 10 upload.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you disable QoS completely (in Anti-Bufferbloat advanced options) - what speeds to you get?

If they're not full speeds, then are you doing this test wirelessly or wired? And what speeds do you get when connected to your modem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

If you disable QoS completely (in Anti-Bufferbloat advanced options) - what speeds to you get?

If they're not full speeds, then are you doing this test wirelessly or wired? And what speeds do you get when connected to your modem?

i always do speedtests wired. im gonna check it out what speeds i get on my isp router, but it will be in the evening. im at work now. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like Joe I've never been able to get my max speed on netduma r1, neither with standard firmware neither with DumaOS. On my ISP router I get 105 download and 20 upload, on netduma I get 50 download and 20 upload when I'm lucky. All tests are wired. I think netduma r1 is really a bad router.... I could never manage full speed from the start....

And with DumaOS there's a lack of a lot of features that they were on standard firmware.

° Is it possible to choose reactive or preemptive?

° Where are all the options that in the standard firmware were under miscellanous like deep packet loss, turbo mode and others? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stobbart said:

Like Joe I've never been able to get my max speed on netduma r1, neither with standard firmware neither with DumaOS. On my ISP router I get 105 download and 20 upload, on netduma I get 50 download and 20 upload when I'm lucky. All tests are wired. I think netduma r1 is really a bad router.... I could never manage full speed from the start....

And with DumaOS there's a lack of a lot of features that they were on standard firmware.

° Is it possible to choose reactive or preemptive?

° Where are all the options that in the standard firmware were under miscellanous like deep packet loss, turbo mode and others? 

In DumaOS this has all been streamlined / automated as it was very cumbersome for non tech-savvy users to figure this all out before.

Now you can get 150mbps with QoS enabled, and you just set QoS to disabled (in Anti-Bufferbloat Advanced Options) to reach higher speeds. This is the R1 only by the way, you can reach >1GB speeds with QoS enabled on the XR500 and XR700.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

In DumaOS this has all been streamlined / automated as it was very cumbersome for non tech-savvy users to figure this all out before.

Now you can get 150mbps with QoS enabled, and you just set QoS to disabled (in Anti-Bufferbloat Advanced Options) to reach higher speeds. This is the R1 only by the way, you can reach >1GB speeds with QoS enabled on the XR500 and XR700.

It would be perfect if I could go at full speed (105 download) with the QoS enabled... instead I go half speed no matter if QoS is enabled or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes, like I said before all my speed tests were done wired, share excess is enabled for both download and upload.  I tried with Classified Games unticked but download speed is still slow. I'm using PPPoE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have a router you could put between the hub & R1 to handle PPPoE or have the hub handle PPPoE itself and see if that resolves the issue please. There is a limit on the R1 of what you can get with PPPoE but you should still be able to get it. I have a feeling thats the cause here though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think that's the problem, because before I was not using PPPoE and the problem was still there... Could it be hardware problem? I have it from the beginning...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really see how it could be but I suppose it's plausible. Do you consider yourself to be tech savvy at all? If so would you be willing to determine if it is a hardware issue by running a program called iPerf to determine the top speed? If so heres a video: 

in the diagram disregard the switch. Have the a PC acting as a client connected to the router and have another PC connected to the ISP hub acting as the server.

If it's too complicated no worries. I'll have to pass your topic on to the developers to see if they have any ideas. 

Also just to check I didn't see if you mentioned disabling QoS completely from Anti-Bufferbloats options (not switching to never and 100% actually ticking the box that says disable) gives you your full speed or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even with QoS disabled unticking the box I get the same result. I'm sorry but I do not have two computers to run that test...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same results with a different server and on fast.com. I wish I could solve this because a really like DumaOS, but if I can't get my full speed there's no point on using it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...