How to force a game on a dedicated server?

Alibackrow

Hi.

I bought the night hawk xr500 for the geo filtering function a few weeks ago. I live in Dublin and I wanted to force my games to be hosted on the Dublin servers that I read exist. I reduce the geo filtering radius to only cover Dublin but can never join a game, it just crashes to the menu saying lobby can not be joined. It will connect to games hosted by a London server but they are not great, playable but not in a way as to be competitive and in my mind that's pointless. What can I do to force joining the Dublin server?

Should mention im using a PS4, if that had any effect.

Thanks

7 hours ago, Alibackrow said:

Hi.

I bought the night hawk xr500 for the geo filtering function a few weeks ago. I live in Dublin and I wanted to force my games to be hosted on the Dublin servers that I read exist. I reduce the geo filtering radius to only cover Dublin but can never join a game, it just crashes to the menu saying lobby can not be joined. It will connect to games hosted by a London server but they are not great, playable but not in a way as to be competitive and in my mind that's pointless. What can I do to force joining the Dublin server?

Should mention im using a PS4, if that had any effect.

Thanks

Hi,

welcome me to the forum

There aren’t any game servers in Dublin. The servers in Dublin are used for authentication and other online services that the game needs to get you online.

I agree the UK servers are terrible, I’ve been forcing servers in France and I’ve had a much better time, the game has actually been enjoyable again on the French servers. Give them a shot, mileage may vary but it’s working for me at the moment.

• Administrators

As PB said, there are no dedicated servers in Ireland.

I would experiment with keeping the filter over a server region until you find the best connection for you. That's the great thing about the Geo-Filter - you have the control.

Good luck and welcome to the Duma Army!

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Alibackrow said:

Thanks for the replies. I gave the French servers a shot and it seemed to help. 

That's great to know. Thanks for the update.

• 2 weeks later...

So, if I am in UK, & set my home location to   Australia,  will I get connected to Australian servers ?

It can be nice to play with different players (  ofcourse it will be laggy , )

But is it possible? Or it will still connect me to local servers ?

Thanks 

1 hour ago, S13 said:

So, if I am in UK, & set my home location to   Australia,  will I get connected to Australian servers ?

Thanks 

I wouldn’t advise trying to play on Australian servers, it would be completely unplayable as the ping will be 300-400ms but defiantly worth trying servers in other locations.

If you do want to force a server in a different location:

Set geofilter to the location you want to force a server.

enable filtering mode

enable strict mode

set ping assist to 0

make sure fast search is disabled

boot up the game and search

search times can sometimes take longer when forcing servers in different locations. If you make any changes to the geofilter you must reboot the game.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, S13 said:

Thanks 

Definitely possible but as above I would not advise it. Also would probably experience much longer wait times as itd be trying to get you much lower pinged games before deciding to give up and give you an Aus server