Xr500 needs improving

Hello all, new to the form.

Just brought the xr500 last week as I felt my ASUS 68u with Merlin CFW is getting a bit old so I went with the xr500 as I was amazed my the look of the gui and the geo filter to stop lag even though my isp speed is 350/20Mb

What needs improving is everything compared to ASUS routers

*Better Auto blocking kids devices on a timed schedule (In a house hold of 3 teenagers all with xbox’s And PC’s) so blocking manually or ALL devices isn’t good enough! 

*Net genie app for iPhone is limited on features 

*The xr500 gui page (10.0.0.1) on iPhone XS Max seems  to compact,  can’t navigate around the features 

*I under stand adding other VPN providers is now a new feature but still not great

Over all the only good thing the xr500 has is the geo filter and even then it has its pros and cons

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I've deleted your duplicate topic on this. 

If you go to Settings > Scheduling, it may be more what you're after though its not on a per device basis. We'll likely improve on this in future.

We'll be doing a separate phone app in future, also because mobile browser for the interface isn't optimised. 

You're able to add any VPN provider that supports OpenVPN. 

Do you not like the QoS or the dashboard? What's your feedback on the Geo-Filter?

Hello and thanks for the reply

Scheduling needs to be based on MAC address as ip’s can be changed with each device having its own time frame (24 hours/7 days a week) (see attachment for example, Dark gray area blocked)

with the open vpn side of things I was puzzled on how to upload the .opn file then found out you open the file with notepad and copy and paste that’s a different way of doing things but hey ho

Geo filter I understand what it’s main goal is but it’s 50/50 for example: (1) Black op 2 on Xbox 360 at 11pm uk time geo filter radius set to uk  struggled to find any games, by moving the zone to USA bang in a game straight away. (2) rainbow six siege on xb1 11am uk time again uk zone found matches and with a ping of 9! That’s  impressive for me as it’s normally 20-27 ping

FD712728-2A89-4CBF-8666-14D4F065330E.jpeg

• Administrators

Thanks for the feedback. BO2 has a low player count, so at non-peak times you'll need to be a bit more flexible with the radius settings to ensure you don't spend too long waiting to find games.

It sounds like you've figured it Hybrid VPN now, but here's a guide in case you need to change anything: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087492--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-hybrid-vpn

Finally, we love feedback here on how we can improve DumaOS, so if you think of anything else please let us know here:  http://forum.netduma.com/forum/9-feature-ideas-improvements-for-dumaos/

Guest Killhippie
8 hours ago, Brooksy79 said:

Hello and thanks for the reply

Scheduling needs to be based on MAC address as ip’s can be changed with each device having its own time frame (24 hours/7 days a week) (see attachment for example, Dark gray area blocked)

with the open vpn side of things I was puzzled on how to upload the .opn file then found out you open the file with notepad and copy and paste that’s a different way of doing things but hey ho

Geo filter I understand what it’s main goal is but it’s 50/50 for example: (1) Black op 2 on Xbox 360 at 11pm uk time geo filter radius set to uk  struggled to find any games, by moving the zone to USA bang in a game straight away. (2) rainbow six siege on xb1 11am uk time again uk zone found matches and with a ping of 9! That’s  impressive for me as it’s normally 20-27 ping

FD712728-2A89-4CBF-8666-14D4F065330E.jpeg

Problem is MAC addresses can be spoofed too. Maybe though if in the XR500's Device manager you could specify times to be offline per device for each MAC address by right clicking in the both the default and table view, that would work. Its something people need as even though its a gaming router more so than most other routers people also need to use it as a home router as well. You could just give the devices a static IP for the time being on the device end I guess. I use DHCP reservation at the router end so all devices connect to the router with a specified IP. based on their MAC.

Router is in a good spot right now. Maybe it’s time to start working on a fully functioning mobile app and ipv6 functionality. Maybe an r-app that does traceroutes, BOTH icmp and tcp to further help with diagnosing issues with connections. 

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, Durty said:

Router is in a good spot right now. Maybe it’s time to start working on a fully functioning mobile app and ipv6 functionality. Maybe an r-app that does traceroutes, BOTH icmp and tcp to further help with diagnosing issues with connections. 

We'd love to work on everything, nothing could come soon enough! Hopefully Milestone 1.4 blows y'all away :)