DumaOS 1.3 networkstats are way off

Sci0n

It says your on a 11ms server yet the game is lagging like crazy?

This update has made playing some games woprse, it seems I may aswell get a router that use;s OpenWRT.

Without being a twat, do you erven test this software with the most popualr games?

As of right now the DumaOS seems pointless unless you have a shitty connection or house share.

Screenshot_2018-12-16 Geo-Filter - DumaOS.png

Screenshot_2018-12-16 Geo-Filter - DumaOS(1).png

• Administrators

It merely tells you the ping to the server you're on, if its bad then move on to a different server, thats the beauty of the Geo-Filter allowing you to force servers on your terms. You're not even using the Geo-Filter by the looks of your radius hence probably why in the first screenshot the ping is so high. 

On 12/17/2018 at 7:53 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

It merely tells you the ping to the server you're on, if its bad then move on to a different server, thats the beauty of the Geo-Filter allowing you to force servers on your terms. You're not even using the Geo-Filter by the looks of your radius hence probably why in the first screenshot the ping is so high. 

100% agree with you Fraser. :) 

On 12/17/2018 at 7:33 AM, Sci0n said:

It says your on a 11ms server yet the game is lagging like crazy?

This update has made playing some games woprse, it seems I may aswell get a router that use;s OpenWRT.

Without being a twat, do you erven test this software with the most popualr games?

As of right now the DumaOS seems pointless unless you have a shitty connection or house share.

Screenshot_2018-12-16 Geo-Filter - DumaOS.png

Screenshot_2018-12-16 Geo-Filter - DumaOS(1).png

Hi Sci0n,

Sorry but why is it that every chance you can get on twitter or these boards you go out of your way to rubbish Netduma?

It says your on a 11ms server yet the game is lagging like crazy?”

I am based in Australia live approx. 2900 kilometres away from my nearest server I usually ping at 39ms never have any lag issues. Would love to play on a 11ms server however never going to happen.

When I discovered the Netduma R1 at same time found out about OpenWRT tried two different versions. Found the Netduma R1 was the best option over using OpenWRT, in that time have upgraded to the XR500 and now the XR700 both with amazing results.

If you think the update has made playing some games worse, it might be best for you to stop using Netduma.

This update has made playing some games woprse, it seems I may aswell get a router that use;s OpenWRT. “

I do not see how this is Netduma fault made playing some games worse?

“Without being a twat, do you erven test this software with the most popualr games?”

I am sure Netduma do test their software with the most popular games. However, cannot see how Netduma should be held responsible for game developers and their crap servers or net codes etc?

Good example is I am a big Halo fan and did play a lot of Halo 5 before cod ww11 was released still do occasionally. Unfortunately, Halo 5 has only one crap Australian server that very rarely can you get a game on. So, forced to open geo filter to the whole world only to play on a USA server at 190ms ping most of the time. Unlike cod ww11 all ways get the Australian server at 39ms ping majority of games own using the geo filter on Australia only.  As for cod black ops 4 get a crap Australian server in same location as cod ww11, however ping at 49ms most times is unplayable. Still have not had one or frequent stand out games like have in halo 5 or cod ww11.

“As of right now the DumaOS seems pointless unless you have a shitty connection or house share. “

Sorry I do not have a shitty connection or house share. Live by myself have 17 devices but only have my computer, Xbox and smart tv on majority of the time. Every Netduma I have used has done wonders for my connection. Especially the XR500 and now the XR700. Far better job than using openWRT, easy to use and explained in simple terms.

I work for a small family business and even used a XR500 and now using XR700 at work. Have two 70-year-old parents who still do not know anything about using computers, smart tv’s and a blue ray player. Yet have commented to me how much smoother and faster the internet now works that is with bufferbloat set to 70/70 set to all ways on.

Have an old brother who has is a doctor in programming. Got his doctorate in stopping flash crowds from occurring. Introduced him to the Netduma and the XR500 as he had never heard of them before. Now also uses the XR500 and can not speak more highly of it and how smooth it has made his connection and gaming more enjoyable.

In closing have no attention of replying to you but would appreciate if you would stop trying to rubbish Netduma on Twitter or in these forums every chance you get. If Netduma and their products are affecting you that much, might be best for you to stop using Netduma and move on to using OpenWRT.  

You remind me of the fake msm news and their continued hatred and blame everything on Donald Trump. Time to wake up Sci0n https://www.qproofs.com/ stop trying to blame and rubbish everything on Netduma that is out of there control. But instead praise them for trying their best to help improve most importantly gaming and networking.

Regards Brado78

4 hours ago, brado78 said:

Hi Sci0n,

Sorry but why is it that every chance you can get on twitter or these boards you go out of your way to rubbish Netduma?

It says your on a 11ms server yet the game is lagging like crazy?”

I am based in Australia live approx. 2900 kilometres away from my nearest server I usually ping at 39ms never have any lag issues. Would love to play on a 11ms server however never going to happen.

When I discovered the Netduma R1 at same time found out about OpenWRT tried two different versions. Found the Netduma R1 was the best option over using OpenWRT, in that time have upgraded to the XR500 and now the XR700 both with amazing results.

If you think the update has made playing some games worse, it might be best for you to stop using Netduma.

This update has made playing some games woprse, it seems I may aswell get a router that use;s OpenWRT. “

I do not see how this is Netduma fault made playing some games worse?

“Without being a twat, do you erven test this software with the most popualr games?”

I am sure Netduma do test their software with the most popular games. However, cannot see how Netduma should be held responsible for game developers and their crap servers or net codes etc?

Good example is I am a big Halo fan and did play a lot of Halo 5 before cod ww11 was released still do occasionally. Unfortunately, Halo 5 has only one crap Australian server that very rarely can you get a game on. So, forced to open geo filter to the whole world only to play on a USA server at 190ms ping most of the time. Unlike cod ww11 all ways get the Australian server at 39ms ping majority of games own using the geo filter on Australia only.  As for cod black ops 4 get a crap Australian server in same location as cod ww11, however ping at 49ms most times is unplayable. Still have not had one or frequent stand out games like have in halo 5 or cod ww11.

“As of right now the DumaOS seems pointless unless you have a shitty connection or house share. “

Sorry I do not have a shitty connection or house share. Live by myself have 17 devices but only have my computer, Xbox and smart tv on majority of the time. Every Netduma I have used has done wonders for my connection. Especially the XR500 and now the XR700. Far better job than using openWRT, easy to use and explained in simple terms.

I work for a small family business and even used a XR500 and now using XR700 at work. Have two 70-year-old parents who still do not know anything about using computers, smart tv’s and a blue ray player. Yet have commented to me how much smoother and faster the internet now works that is with bufferbloat set to 70/70 set to all ways on.

Have an old brother who has is a doctor in programming. Got his doctorate in stopping flash crowds from occurring. Introduced him to the Netduma and the XR500 as he had never heard of them before. Now also uses the XR500 and can not speak more highly of it and how smooth it has made his connection and gaming more enjoyable.

In closing have no attention of replying to you but would appreciate if you would stop trying to rubbish Netduma on Twitter or in these forums every chance you get. If Netduma and their products are affecting you that much, might be best for you to stop using Netduma and move on to using OpenWRT.  

You remind me of the fake msm news and their continued hatred and blame everything on Donald Trump. Time to wake up Sci0n https://www.qproofs.com/ stop trying to blame and rubbish everything on Netduma that is out of there control. But instead praise them for trying their best to help improve most importantly gaming and networking.

Regards Brado78

I'll make it simple, I am not rubbish Netduma, I am speaking hard cold facts, I have provided proof multiple timea over and over again (in vidoe form) and they ingnore it or use excuses.

If you believe in the XR500 so much go on the battlefield forums & Call of duty reddit as I put a post up there showing the network stats on the XR500 compaired to the ingame stats from the battlefield network graph, a dev answered and said 'the reason its so different is, you are using 3rd party software to read the network and thats why it flucuates so much on the Xr500 as its not a true reading' on COD rediit I got why are you using a product that does nothing to fix the lag, then got ripped into for buying such an item?

Also hows is lag or the issues with the geo-filter on Netduma out of there control? they claim it dominates lag?! So I'll repsond by saying I am entitled to my opinion and can state what ever I like, so Time to wake up Brado78 if you dont like what I say or do, just ignore it, dont reply...  or better provide proof of your so called amazing time with the XR500 showing it dominates lag.

So you compare me to Donald Trump saying 'You remind me of the fake msm news and their continued hatred and blame everything on Donald Trump.' sorry where do I bring up donald trump or even provide fake news, as again I provided proof (with videos), also just look at the forums topics to see user are even saying the XR500 or R1 isnt doing what The netduma team state it does. So is everyone else wrong?

Again making statements like this 'Have an old brother who has is a doctor in programming. Got his doctorate in stopping flash crowds from occurring. Introduced him to the Netduma and the XR500 as he had never heard of them before. Now also uses the XR500 and can not speak more highly of it and how smooth it has made his connection and gaming more enjoyable.'  oj cool story mate, yet it holds no weight as I can respond and say 7 of my friends returned the XR500 as it was not making their connections any better. - see how easy it is to make shit up as its just words that anyone can say without proof.

If I rubbished, as you put it everything the Netduma team do, then why did I manage to get 4-5 of people I know to actualy buy an XR500? as the Xr500 is not just good for gaming, as you can use the XR500 to limit you kids bandwith, also lock certain childern out so they cant use the net at certain times. 

Plus you can use it to stream movies etc without getting the buffering screen as they can allocate the bandwith so the adults can watch it with out issues (as when you have 4 kids all using the internet, that will happen). Then there's allocating badwith to prioritise downloads, which again if you have a big family or house share works wonders as you can allocate the right amount of bandwith to DL your games, Movies etc..

Then you got the Guest Network, which if you have people over you can let them just use that. This stops people having full use of your network etc. OH and the Built in VPN that 2 of my mates use as they stream movies from other countries that they couldnt stream from the UK (which he told me was bit fiddly to se up) but it worked. Yes you could use it on a laptop but now they have it in the XR500 its easier to use so they can watch on their tv etc.

Lets look at the network monitor.. shows all thats happening, and if you share a house or have kids it shows you how much bandwith is being used etc. Then the devioce manager, I love this section as it shows me how many things are connected to your connection, also that you can temp ban anything. Also lets me know if a 3rd party tried using my net, yes people from outside do try using others internet, just ask my neighbour. He trys using my connection once every weekend the little *beep*.

I could go on at what is great about the XR500, for me Netduma are limiting their proiducts by just focusing one one crowd, 'gamers' when it could be sold to familys, house shares (students) etc.. I have also stated to many people, the customer service on this forums and team is way better than most companies.

Dont really want to end on a bad note but, you say 'I cannot see how Netduma should be held responsible for game developers and their crap servers or net codes etc?' they also state this  Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 Router powered by cutting-edge DumaOS is the ultimate gear for competitive gamers to stay ahead of the game.

Sorry but you are not ahead of the game as I'm on a 11ms connection yet other players are just eating shots or I am dying from what feels like 2 bullets? So lableling your product certain things you are of course going to get critiseds, also if Netduma want to proceed & succeed, they will need to be on the ball with better could optimisation, more options for certain games etc.. . As right now you can see from just the Black ops 4 forums many many users are having big issues with the R1 & XR500.

Me personally think the DumaOS could be used for more than just 'it dominates lag' as it can be used and sold to other users apart from just gamers.

Also if i truly hated or as you put it 'rubbish Netduma' I would of returned the said item along time ago, as I still have my R1. I have even stated on twitter we are just seeing the potenial of the DumaOS etc.

On 12/16/2018 at 9:53 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I had ping assist on so shouldnt the XR50 0not connect to that server?  Also the second graph is with the geo-filter on and yet the network stats were all over the place as at one point it said the tick rate was 140?

44 minutes ago, Sci0n said:

I had ping assist on so shouldnt the XR50 0not connect to that server?  

Having your geofilter radius covering the whole world tells the geofilter to allow connections anywhere in the world regardless of your ping assist settings. If you just want to use Ping Assist to find games set your geofilter location in the ocean.

39 minutes ago, pollutionblues said:

Having your geofilter radius covering the whole world tells the geofilter to allow connections anywhere in the world regardless of your ping assist settings. If you just want to use Ping Assist to find games set your geofilter location in the ocean.

I did know this but again it makes not one bit of difference;

https://youtu.be/ZLi-Ia5pmf4 - Playing with the XR500

https://youtu.be/QxfjvoM32Mo - Playing with the XR500

https://youtu.be/nrpLn3GwPjo - Playing without the XR500

You can see players are taking longer to kill as I know the TTK for each weapon. (thanks to reddit).

I dont kwno why its got worse since launch wiith each update its gets worse an worse.

I just did have a few good games though but you could tell they was actually deadicated servers.

• Netduma Staff
18 minutes ago, Sci0n said:

I did know this but again it makes not one bit of difference;

https://youtu.be/ZLi-Ia5pmf4 - Playing with the XR500

https://youtu.be/QxfjvoM32Mo - Playing with the XR500

https://youtu.be/nrpLn3GwPjo - Playing without the XR500

You can see players are taking longer to kill as I know the TTK for each weapon. (thanks to reddit).

I dont kwno why its got worse since launch wiith each update its gets worse an worse.

I just did have a few good games though but you could tell they was actually deadicated servers.

You've got a great ping in these videos - your ping is stable and the gameplay seems fair. Your character is lag free - you aren't rubber-banding and nothing fishy was going on for 90% of the gameplay shown here. You're connecting to dedicated servers.

The gameplay you're getting is better than most people could hope for. If you're experiencing higher TTK, that's lag compensation / the server compensating for the opposing player having a different ping, not 'lag'. I don't know what kind of miracle you're hoping for, but your gameplay is on point. I honestly don't know how you can improve it.

3 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

You've got a great ping in these videos - your ping is stable and the gameplay seems fair. Your character is lag free - you aren't rubber-banding and nothing fishy was going on for 90% of the gameplay shown here. You're connecting to dedicated servers.

The gameplay you're getting is better than most people could hope for. If you're experiencing higher TTK, that's lag compensation / the server compensating for the opposing player having a different ping, not 'lag'. I don't know what kind of miracle you're hoping for, but your gameplay is on point. I honestly don't know how you can improve it.

Now this is a response you cant argue or debate with ;) as what you say - lag compensation / the server compensating for the opposing player - is abosulty correct my freind

I would still think about selling the Xr500 and DumaOS to large familys etc as iots helped my mates no end..

Hi Sci0n,

Again making statements like this 'Have an old brother who has is a doctor in programming. Got his doctorate in stopping flash crowds from occurring. Introduced him to the Netduma and the XR500 as he had never heard of them before. Now also uses the XR500 and can not speak more highly of it and how smooth it has made his connection and gaming more enjoyable.'  oj cool story mate, yet it holds no weight as I can respond and say 7 of my friends returned the XR500 as it was not making their connections any better. - see how easy it is to make shit up as its just words that anyone can say without proof. "

Sorry I do not make shit up like you do. I am sure with a little more research maybe 5 to 10 minutes’ worth on twitter. You would have found I was telling the truth. Sure you will find this a interesting read https://www.abc.net.au/news/2006-09-06/bigger-hardware-needed-to-prevent-website-crashes/1257092 or this https://www.abc.net.au/news/2006-09-06/bigger-hardware-needed-to-prevent-website-crashes/1257092

So sure, my own brother who holds a PhD in computer science knows a lot more about programming and the way the internet works would hold more weight than most members in this forum.

I am sure you are also aware making false statements about Netduma and Netgaer on a public forum like twitter example in screens shot below. You can be sued for defamation. If you continue this type of behaviour, I do hope both Netduma and Netgear sue you for every last dollar.

Will be my last reply as could not be bothered arguing with some one who is to lazy to do any research.  

Regards Brado78

Twitter Reply 1.png

Twitter Pic 2.png