XR500 - No real way to set QOS traffic priority by device?

The issue I'm having is that with the XR500 I can see no way of setting QOS traffic priority so that Duma Classified games packets are #1 in priority  , then , my PS4's all other traffic as #2 priority, then, my gaming PC's total traffic as #3 priority, then all other traffic from other devices in my home (android TV, ipad, google home) unranked so that they are always lower in priority than those top 3 devices .  Basically I am asking , how do I do traffic prioritization by device in a ranking scheme, so that AFTER dumaOS classified game packets are given top priority, I can then further stipulate the rank order of whatever devices I want to outrank the others ( so they always get packets before the others ) on the XR500?

To clarify, for example, on DD-WRT QOS settings, you can give each individual device in your home by either IP or MAC address the following traffic priorities: 

• Maximum: 100
  • Premium: 10
  • Express: 20
  • Standard: 30
  • Bulk: 40
  • (no QoS matched): 0

So, What I want to do with the XR500 is set Duma OS classified games as "premium", my ps4 as "express", my gaming PC as "standard", and all other devices in my home as "bulk".

Please let me know if there is a way to do this with the XR500.

• Administrators

There is no way to do that but there is no real need to.

DumaOS Classified Games will encompass the console and depending on the games you're playing on the PC those as well. Everything not covered by this will be in the normal network queue. Those packets will always be prioritized above anything else and since gaming uses very little bandwidth there is no chance of them experiencing jitter/spikes from local congestion.

yeah, I understand that, but I want to be able to play the google Project Stream version of assasin's creed oddysey via google chrome browser, without the quality of the stream constantly auto dropping (pixelating) on my gaming PC, because netflix 4K movies are playing on another TV in the house.  Because its a game being streamed through google chrome browser, it likely appears as normal web browser traffic and the game keeps lagging and pixelating unless I stop the other devices. I want to be able to prioritize ALL traffic of my gaming PC before the sony smartv's netflix app, not just gaming traffic.

8 hours ago, mike_diamond said:

yeah, I understand that, but I want to be able to play the google Project Stream version of assasin's creed oddysey via google chrome browser, without the quality of the stream constantly auto dropping (pixelating) on my gaming PC, because netflix 4K movies are playing on another TV in the house.  Because its a game being streamed through google chrome browser, it likely appears as normal web browser traffic and the game keeps lagging and pixelating unless I stop the other devices. I want to be able to prioritize ALL traffic of my gaming PC before the sony smartv's netflix app, not just gaming traffic.

you can limit the tv's bandwidth that is causing your issue byaltering it's available bandwidth. 4K streaming from netflix only requires 25mbps. 

Guest Killhippie
1 hour ago, BIG__DOG said:

you can limit the tv's bandwidth that is causing your issue byaltering it's available bandwidth. 4K streaming from netflix only requires 5mbps. 

Netflix 4K needs 25 Mbps. This is from their site, "Internet connection speed of 25 megabits per second or higher"  Mine usually hits 15Mbps to be fair but I imagine they allow for some headroom, and also it depends on the films bit rate too, as some look better than others. Info in link below.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/13444

Zennon, beat me to the post, I need more coffee :)

12 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

Netflix 4K needs 25 Mbps. This is from their site, "Internet connection speed of 25 megabits per second or higher"  Mine usually hits 15Mbps to be fair but I imagine they allow for some headroom, and also it depends on the films bit rate too, as some look better than others. Info in link below.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/13444

Zennon, beat me to the post, I need more coffee :)

i pressed the damn 2 but hadn't noticed it had not applied...... I have corrected my noob error! 

• Administrators
12 hours ago, mike_diamond said:

Traffic Prioritization is only meant for low latency traffic, prioritizing such things would cause issues. Anti-Bufferbloat set to 'Always' with sliders set to 70/70 and enought bandwidth allocated to your devices will fix that issue