bo4 with dumaOS ping assist

Tweak

1 hour ago, Tweak said:

So im using ping assist with fast search enabled i set the ping to 10 ms and always match an 80 plus ping player host but with fast search off i find 40ms ping games?

If fast search is enabled it will find a game outside your ping assist settings so it is best to leave it unticked........Why would you set it to 10ms? How low is your actual base ping?

• Netduma Staff
4 hours ago, Tweak said:

So im using ping assist with fast search enabled i set the ping to 10 ms and always match an 80 plus ping player host but with fast search off i find 40ms ping games?

Welcome to the forum :) as Big Dog said, 10ms seems like a really low threshold... Could be you're still getting matched based on distance as a result. I reckon you should set that to like 50ms. If you want to connect based on Ping Assist only, set your home location in the ocean and your distance to the lowest value.

7 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

If fast search is enabled it will find a game outside your ping assist settings so it is best to leave it unticked........Why would you set it to 10ms? How low is your actual base ping?

i set it to 10 just to see if i would find matches at all but i kept getting 80 ping hosts even with it set to 40-50 as jack said i constantly get 80 ping hosts with fast search i used 10 as a test ping and still got an 100ms host i was wondering why with fast search no matter my setting im always getting high ping hosts with my circle in the ocean without fast serach im perfectly fine but it take like 5 mins to get games as for my ping 7045023288.png

• Administrators

I recommend you disable Fast Search but set Ping Assist to about 25-30ms. A PA of 10ms is far too low to find games efficiently.

As the description of Fast Search explains, it's less strict on pings so it can mean you will allow in higher pings. So best to disable this for your purpose.