Netduma R1 setup

Jdennis1014

Ok will make it a 50/50 for upload and download bandwidth?

I will do that when I get back and send u a screen shot to make sure I did it right.

I have reset my upload and download speed now. The only problem is I can’t find a lobby to join to play on line. I’ll been searching for a lobby the past 10mins

• Administrators

Can you change your Ping Assist to 50ms please and see if that improves the speed of getting games.

The console tests can be inaccurate but I did speak to a dev to see if that could improve the accuracy. Also R1 will be using QoS which will lower its speed

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Jdennis1014 said:

Ok so Chang ping assist to 50ms. So my internet package is 250mbps so what should I set my download and upload speed to? Also since I’m running the r1 through my xfinity router do I need to set it to bridge mode for the r1 to work

You don't need to change any QoS settings, just referring to the Geo-Filter. It'll work regardless but modem mode, bridge mode or DMZ in that order would be best for your NAT

• Administrators

That's an open NAT so thats good. If you can't put in modem or bridge mode then yes. Put the WAN IP from System Information on the R1 into the DMZ section in the Infinity router interface. Can probably be found in WAN Settings or Security/Firewall.

55 minutes ago, Jdennis1014 said:

If I put my ping up to 50ms want I get bad games being so high

Normally, anything under 100ms, is deemed playable and a comfortable experience. Sometimes, you will find that you playing on a server that's 25ms, is bad experience due to some other facts I won't go into, but  your ping will be jumping all over the place. Whereas, perhaps playing on a server that's 50ms, it may be more stable and a better experience. That's why it is suggested to use P.A. 50ms.

Thanks for explaining, I just can’t get into any lobbies now since I have made these changes. I’m getting kicked out of lobbies ever time. I think I’m going to have to unhook the netduma so I can play online again and just deal with the lag. Now it just feels like I have wasted money u knw

• Netduma Staff
10 hours ago, Jdennis1014 said:

Thanks for explaining, I just can’t get into any lobbies now since I have made these changes. I’m getting kicked out of lobbies ever time. I think I’m going to have to unhook the netduma so I can play online again and just deal with the lag. Now it just feels like I have wasted money u knw

Could you remove your device from the Geo-Filter and see if you're able to get games? Have you tried rebooting the router? What game mode are you playing? If you can't get games still but you connect your console to your Modem, are you then able to get games?

Good morning Jack,

i have not tried removing my console from the geo filter. I have rebooted the router several times. I’m playing call of duty 4. My radius is set at 1300km. When I connect back to my xfinity router/modem, I connect to games instantly. 

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, Jdennis1014 said:

Good morning Jack,

i have not tried removing my console from the geo filter. I have rebooted the router several times. I’m playing call of duty 4. My radius is set at 1300km. When I connect back to my xfinity router/modem, I connect to games instantly. 

Oh, are you playing Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare? Or did ya' mean Black Ops 4?

I should have been more clear - which mode are you playing i.e Blackout, Multiplayer, Zombies?

We're trying to narrow down the problem as much as possible - removing your console from the Geo-Filter and trying it would be a good start :) thanks!

I playing Black Ops 4, I’m playing multiplayer hardcore TDM now and some regular core TDM. I will try removing the geo filter when I get home from work and see what happens. When u mean removing the geo filter u mean just disable the filter correct?

• Netduma Staff
23 minutes ago, Jdennis1014 said:

I playing Black Ops 4, I’m playing multiplayer hardcore TDM now and some regular core TDM. I will try removing the geo filter when I get home from work and see what happens. When u mean removing the geo filter u mean just disable the filter correct?

Alright thanks for the info. You could either switch it to Spectator Mode (which effectively disables 'filtering') or you could go a step further and just delete your device from the Geo-Filter to test it. That'd be super helpful :)

I will try that and see what happens. I have gotten so fruasted with this. I have noticed when I’m in the lobby waiting on games it say expanding search and then after a few minutes kickes me out. I thought u had to add your device to the Geo filter? Like the screen shot I took.

9D3F61AF-968E-4D05-9E19-C4172CE7BFE4.jpeg

• Netduma Staff

I'd recommend posting in this thread on the subject I've just opened: 

That'd be super helpful. Just trying to figure out the best way to eliminate problems like these, so your participation would go a long way :)