Router stopped working

Adrastos

I was having issues with some of the R-Apps not showing, went to do a reboot through the settings  and the page got stuck on the "wait for 2 minutes" screen. I left it alone for over 30 minutes and nothing happen. decided to unplug it and now I can't access the router through the IP address.Tried doing a hard reset by using the button on the back, however the router wont reset after holding the button down for 15 seconds. Lights on the router don't turn off either when attempting the hard reset.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

What do you mean by not showing exactly? Not appearing on the left menu or the page not loading correctly?

Factory reset hold it for 15-30seconds instead, does it reset correctly? If not open command prompt on your PC and type ipconfig and press enter, what does the gateway IP address say?

• Administrators

Well that's very odd. The only thing I can think of that would cause the default gateway to not show an IP address could be an ethernet cable issue. Do you have another to try? PC connected to a port from 2-5 correct not 1/PoE?

• Netduma Staff
14 hours ago, Adrastos said:

I tried a few different cables, in different ports and on two different PCs. Unfortunately they all don't show an IP address.

Did this happen after upgrading to DumaOS? Did the router work previously with DumaOS? Try a hard reset (turn off your Modem and Netduma. Wait 5 minutes then turn on the Modem. Wait another minute then turn on the Netduma).

On 11/23/2018 at 4:11 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Unplug it from power and all cables for 24hrs, sometimes that can kick start it again when you reconnect it.

So I left it unplugged for 2 days and the IP address is still blank. I also tried to do another hard reset but it still didn't work.

• Administrators

I know this guide is for the original R1 firmware but could you try this please: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000022375-i-unticked-preserve-settings-when-upgrading-can-t-access-my-router-help

Also when did you purchase the router?

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Adrastos said:

I tried the guide but it still didn't let me in.

I purchased the router on June 16th 2018

On your PC could you please set up a static IP for your ethernet card

1. IP 192.168.1.2 
  2. Subnet 255.255.255.0
  3. Gateway 192.168.1.1 

then connect to ethernet port 2 and try to access the interface please. If that doesn't work try again but using 192.168.88.2 and 192.168.88.1 for static IP and gateway please.

9 hours ago, One87 said:

I’m still waiting assistance. This new DumaOS FW seemed to have broke my netduma now it doesn’t even get internet. I created thread already. Plz help 

I've given you the same advice in your topic, please keep your responses to your topic please as its easier to follow.

On 11/28/2018 at 10:39 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

On your PC could you please set up a static IP for your ethernet card

1. IP 192.168.1.2 
  2. Subnet 255.255.255.0
  3. Gateway 192.168.1.1 

then connect to ethernet port 2 and try to access the interface please. If that doesn't work try again but using 192.168.88.2 and 192.168.88.1 for static IP and gateway please.

I tried this with both connections, but when trying to connect it times out saying it's taking too long to respond.

I am having same issue.  Disconnect for 24 hours to make it work ?? Wow ? Are u from  Stone age ??

Any solution pls ? I upgraded to Duma Os n after few minutes internet access gone .    Can't access  Netduma interface 

Update !    Apologies.   Its fixed.

I just held reset button on Netduma R1  for few minutes untill it beeped n let it go. It restarted and asked me for   USERNAME PASSWORD.  Admin & password

Boommmmmmm hihihi, I am in. I got Duma Os.   Thanks 

• Netduma Staff
On 12/2/2018 at 10:33 AM, S13 said:

I am having same issue.  Disconnect for 24 hours to make it work ?? Wow ? Are u from  Stone age ??

Any solution pls ? I upgraded to Duma Os n after few minutes internet access gone .    Can't access  Netduma interface 

Update !    Apologies.   Its fixed.

I just held reset button on Netduma R1  for few minutes untill it beeped n let it go. It restarted and asked me for   USERNAME PASSWORD.  Admin & password

Boommmmmmm hihihi, I am in. I got Duma Os.   Thanks 

Glad you got it fixed :) disconnecting for 24 hours, no matter how silly it might seem, is a genuine solution and totally different from just turning it off and on again. Thanks for letting us know it's working again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Netduma Staff
17 hours ago, Adrastos said:

Hello, I was wondering if there is any update? its been a week and no response.

Hi Adrastos - I'd recommend emailing [email protected]. I'll talk you through the next actions to take since it looks like your router's inaccessible. Thanks!

• Netduma Staff
8 hours ago, Adrastos said:

ok sounds good, what do I need to do?

Just email with a link to this forum post - I handle the emails so I'll know who you are :D I'll then grab your order details and check what we can do to help you further.