peer location query

sabarblade

I know that peers are not pinged when searching for a host, but after you have entered the lobby, does it ping other players? I want to try and avoid playing Japanese players with 150+ ping on dedicated  servers/p2p

• Administrators

If you have Auto Ping enabled then it will only ping the host of the game, whether that's a peer or a dedicated server. All you can do is make sure you get the closest server to you. You can't really prevent other players from joining the server.

yeah ik that i couldn't prevent people from joining, i would just leave myself, its not all bad i guess, at least now its going to be harder for scummy players to pull ip's in competitive to get free wins

Also just a note, im also having this weird problem that's causing me to have to reset my password every time i want to login to the forum, i know that im not alone, any idea when this will be fixed?

• Administrators

Display Names and Login Names have now been merged. So from now on please use your display name to login. Does that work?

You should also try deleting all your autofill form data, content settings and hosted app data in the browser settings. This has sorted the issue for one other person recently - this is an extremely rare issue anyway so this same solution might work.

Am having really bad problems with lag i cant seam to get a good its not pinging any host when am in game am having awful games iv turned the game off twich because its been that bad i dont know what am doing wrong i dont even know if iv got this new software set up wright lol am not tech zavi lol someone help 

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Glenn693 said:

Am having really bad problems with lag i cant seam to get a good its not pinging any host when am in game am having awful games iv turned the game off twich because its been that bad i dont know what am doing wrong i dont even know if iv got this new software set up wright lol am not tech zavi lol someone help 

Can you make a separate topic regarding your issue please