CTRL + Windows Key + R Scam

N3CR0

Never heard of this scam before but since its still in use, thought I'd post on here to raise awareness to it.

I just got attempted scammed. They tried taking over my laptop to steal my bank details LOL. Idiots.

If you guys get a phone call and a guy with an english name but indian accent tells you you've been hacked and asks you to enter CTRL+Windows Key+R on your keyboard... hang the up.

Its an old scam that clearly is still working since they still running it.

I have had many customers that have been fooled by this scam and have paid them.

One guy got scammed we sorted his PC removed the remote access and serviced the machine, I spent a good twenty minutes talking about the scam and what to do in the future for the same guy to come back two days later after being scammed by the same people again.

Giving them money on both occasions, he came back to us kicking right off at me, it was my fault I see that now 🤔 😂

2 hours ago, Zennon said:

Giving them money on both occasions, he came back to us kicking right off at me, it was my fault I see that now 🤔 😂

I reckon you must've been in on it Z! PMSL

Once I got a call from "Microsoft" and about 20 minutes after I hung up the phone the exact same woman rang up claiming to be from my bank. She quickly hung up after I pointed out that she just rang me saying was from Microsoft lol

5 minutes ago, pollutionblues said:

I reckon you must've been in on it Z! PMSL

Once I got a call from "Microsoft" and about 20 minutes after I hung up the phone the exact same woman rang up claiming to be from my bank. She quickly hung up after I pointed out that she just rang me saying was from Microsoft lol

It is rife, either cold calls or malvertising pop ups on websites with a number to call because you are infected etc, to many people fall for it.

10 minutes ago, Zennon said:

It is rife, either cold calls or malvertising pop ups on websites with a number to call because you are infected etc, to many people fall for it.

Yeah, I’ve heard about loads of folk who have fell for it.