Ghost servers on Halo 5

Every now and then I'll connect to a game and  the server won't show up on the geo filter page.  I don't have any servers on the allow list.  I placed the location on the middle of the ocean and reduced the distance to the minimum, ping assist to 0, strict mode on. Still get it. Any ideas?

• Administrators

That's strange. Are you zoomed in by chance so you can't see the entire map? If so, it's likely that the server you 

Do you ever see one appear in Antarctica? (These are IP addresses that are not in our database - there are not many of them)

10 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

That's strange. Are you zoomed in by chance so you can't see the entire map? If so, it's likely that the server you 

Do you ever see one appear in Antarctica? (These are IP addresses that are not in our database - there are not many of them)

Map entirely visible. It's annoying since is not a great server and I want to block it. 

• Administrators

Are you looking during the entire game? It’s possible it’s dipping in and out, which would be weird but not as weird as this. 

Do you have auto ping host enabled too? I would be interested to know if the ping graph appears even if the server isn’t visible on the Map. 

• Netduma Staff

This is so weird! I've never seen an issue like this before.

So with auto-ping host enabled, do you see a ping graph open? Are you able to ping this server? If you are please let us know the ID of the server and we might be able to check it out.

Also could you screenshot it? I realise it might just be a blank Geo-filter screenshot but I'd love to see it. Also just to ensure the basic stuff is all out of the way, make sure the Geo-filter is enabled and also delete and re-add your device to Host Filtering, making sure you've added the right device (by IP address).

1752258686_ScreenShot2018-09-25at10_01_27AM.thumb.png.2c09f18f0a64e292aa7b89a3877cd727.pngNo ping graph. No circle. Nothing. I'm going to look for it right now. Here is a screen shot of the Geo filter as I'm looking for it. 

Edit: It just happened. load me into a game like it was nothing. I'm going to remove the xbox from the geo filter and see if it happens again. Screenshot while the game was loading.1752258686_ScreenShot2018-09-25at10_01_27AM.thumb.png.2c09f18f0a64e292aa7b89a3877cd727.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 10.21.30 AM.png

• Netduma Staff

I have a feeling the only explanation for this is your second Xbox (shown on your screenshot) is actually the one you're connecting on. Enable that second Xbox (as it currently isn't utilising the Geo-Filter). Do you still connect with it enabled?

• Netduma Staff

Could you delete them both, add them with the Xbox Live service, make sure BOTH are enabled, and press the 'flush cloud' button? (Looks like a 'refresh' icon above the map.)

Then go to Settings > Miscellaneous and make sure Auto-Cloud and Bleeding Edge are ticked. After this, reboot the Netduma from that same page and reboot the console too.

12 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Could you delete them both, add them with the Xbox Live service, make sure BOTH are enabled, and press the 'flush cloud' button? (Looks like a 'refresh' icon above the map.)

Then go to Settings > Miscellaneous and make sure Auto-Cloud and Bleeding Edge are ticked. After this, reboot the Netduma from that same page and reboot the console too.

Done. I'll update when it/if happens.

Update: It just happened. Started to load into a game  with no visible host.1952680190_ScreenShot2018-09-27at8_44_33AM.thumb.png.22d0ecd2f5e217be5a4fd09adb51089e.png

Update #2 It happened again but this time I got a server ID

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 8.52.25 AM.png

• Administrators

Hi Monster - on the R1 firmware you are not able to block dedicated servers. We did this deliberately to prevent people from accidentally blocking a key matchmaking server.

However, due to feedback, we have changed this in DumaOS so you will be able to block this server soon once DumaOS is released.

As for your current problem, are you consistently seeing servers now? It's important you have it set to the Xbox Live service so this should, in theory have fixed your initial problem.