XR500 still looses connection to wired devices.

I did the reset as you said. Got home today from work. Wired device still have no internet while all WiFi devices do. Then I power cycle the router and then my console receives internet from the router. Very frustrating. This is my second xr500 netgear sent me a new one because the first one had a hardware issue. 

• Administrators

Which wired device is losing its connection? Is it an Xbox One by chance? If so, Xbox have a known issue with wired drop outs if you have it set to instant-on. Disabling that on the Xbox solves it.

Yes it is the Xbox that is loosing it. So I tried what you said and today when I got home once again it has no connection to the internet but is receiving a IP address of 192.168.1.149. But no internet I’ve set up a static up address for my console and the only way for it to go back to that address is Too power cycle the router then the router says it isn’t receiving internet from the modem and the only way to fix that is too reset the modem while the router is on.  Because if I reset the modem with the router off then turn the router on after the modem is reset it still gets no internet. I’ve also tried not having a static up address and still my wired device looses connection. Figured maybe it was my console so then I left my computer wired and it happens to the computer also. Then I called netgear. They say after doing all there checking. Router must have a hardware issue send me another one. And I’ve had this one now for two weeks and it does the same exact same thing. My router prior to this one was a netgear 7000. Work fine. Had no problems. Bought this router because it has netdoma but so far this router has been causing more issues than I have ever had with any router in my life. My wife’s wifi on her phone is horrible. She can’t make WiFi’s calls and if it does work the calls always break up. Idk what to do but this sucks. 

I really love this routers features but please get with netgear and help them fix this thing. I’ve let them in my computer and they played with settings still does the same stuff. I just hope I didn’t buy a 300.00 piece of crap. Please guys please make this router better. 

She needs a good update bad. 

• Administrators

Disable any automatic updates the console is doing, that may resolve it. Also we're in discussions with multiple teams including the Xbox team. There is an Alpha Xbox Update which should resolve the issue, I'm not sure if you have the ability to download this but if so I'd recommend it.

It is not only related to the Xbox. My computer disconnects as well. Just tested that over the last couple days. Wired devices only disconnect. This is really bad 289.00 guys 289.00 and I’ve had to call netgear at least 6 times now and complain in a forum. As of now they are recording what my router does. And this morning all wired devices have no internet once again. So I’m going to call them when I get off work and save and send to them the log of when the router disconnects 

• Administrators

I know it makes other devices disconnect as well but the cause is from the console. Okay thank you for doing that. I know the team thinks it's slightly different to what the latest firmware was fixing so they're getting a unit this week to reproduce and diagnose so with any luck will hear back from them why this is happening and then the Netgear team can implement a fix.

Okay sounds good. I really like this routers features but it drives me insane that I constantly have to restart it and that the WiFi calling for my wife’s phone is pretty bad but that could be her phones fault I haven’t played with that much. Been to worried about the wired devices losing connection more lately. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Seanabong2200 said:

Okay sounds good. I really like this routers features but it drives me insane that I constantly have to restart it and that the WiFi calling for my wife’s phone is pretty bad but that could be her phones fault I haven’t played with that much. Been to worried about the wired devices losing connection more lately. 

Totally understand the frustration. So you did test by disabling Instant On mode on the Xbox and shutting down fully? The WiFi calling could be related to the Smart Connect feature for WiFi, do you have this enabled? If so would recommend disabling it and connecting the iPhone to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz manually.

I didn’t buy this router to have to disable all theses features for things to work right. When are you guys going to fix these issues. Is there anything in the works. Is anything even being attempted to get it fixed. 289.95 is a lot of money to me for a router. I feel this product should be much better than it is. I turned off instant on and that made it stop loosing connection but that’s a console feature I really like. And turning off auto connect did nothing for the WiFi calling still really bad and mine is also. 

• Administrators

Hi Sean - this new firmware was just a maintenance fix, so I recommend you go back to the previous version. Please try this and see if it improves things:

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR500/XR500-V2.3.2.22.zip