recording devices.

bagsta69

Anybody offer any suggestions for recording devices? I have looked at the elgato HD but wondered if there was more than one version of the device and which is best to buy. Is ebay worth a trawl etc?

• Administrators

Hey Bagsta,

We use elegato, in fact the social media manager at Elegato actually bought a Netduma. One of the first I believe. I'll get him to post here he probably has more info for you :) 

Hey Bagsta,

We use elegato, in fact the social media manager at Elegato actually bought a Netduma. One of the first I believe. I'll get him to post here he probably has more info for you :)

Top man, cheers Iain.

Anybody offer any suggestions for recording devices? I have looked at the elgato HD but wondered if there was more than one version of the device and which is best to buy. Is ebay worth a trawl etc?

I use Elgato HD60 and Sony Vegas pro 13 to render oh and some other stuff but its a bit complicated :)

Hey there, 

Im the Elgato guy that Iain mentioned. 

I can definitely give some insight to our devices and answer any specific questions you have. 

I can help recommend which device you may want to look into. For that ill need to know what games you're looking to record, what consoles, and roughly your PC specs.

:) 

Hey there, 

I can definitely give some insight to our devices and answer any specific questions you have. 

I can help recommend which device you may want to look into. For that ill need to know what games you're looking to record, what consoles, and roughly your PC specs.

Hi, I will be wanting to record Call of duty games on PS4 and GT6 and older COD games on PS3. I have a desktop PC running windows 7 and a laptop running windows 8.

Not sure about full specs but they run editing software so should be fast enough.

Cheers

I use Elgato HD60 and Sony Vegas pro 13 to render oh and some other stuff but its a bit complicated :)

I was waiting for you to chirp in pal. Cheers for that. I have Studio HD for editing. I used to run Adobe premier but it just got way to expensive.

I was waiting for you to chirp in pal. Cheers for that. I have Studio HD for editing. I used to run Adobe premier but it just got way to expensive.

I use Sony Vegas and Debugframe server with MeGUI it gives a great render and fits YouTube requirements to a T, i could do a Tutorial if your interested also if you need Sony Vegas Pro 13 pm me and i can sort you out :) 

Cheers for that mate, Ill have a look at it and let you know. I was thinking of doing some vids of how not to play fps games, i.e. video my game play lol.

Hey there, 

Is there any options coming in the futre to change the raw file codec as vegas only plays video from .TS files and not audio.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261881023953?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Cheers Raddy, I might just go pick me one up. They have one in a store near me but was unsure of whether to get the HD60 or the one before that which can do PS3 footage as well.

• 1 month later...

Archived