Ping assist vs geo distance

Yeah it was designed to go hand in hand with the geofilter so that servers/hosts that were mislocated wouldn't be missed out, allowing for more connections to suitable hosts. If you set a 1000 mile radius around you but you find some random dot 6000 miles away that gives you 15ms, you'd be able to pick it up. The system that translates IP addresses to locations isn't perfect, therefore this feature is most useful when a game first comes out and not all of the servers have been discovered yet. 

A tip that's been floating around this forum for years is to put your home in the ocean with the smallest possible radius, tick strict mode and then set the ping assist to whatever you want. This is actually what the CoD Ultimate profile does as standard, although you can adjust it if you like. This gives you games under the upper limit you set, finds more games that would usually be blocked because of the distance most mislocated hosts tend to be from you, and allows you to avoid local players or servers that offer a bad connection. I personally use this more than the correct home location with the distance setting because it's simply better. 

Ok...so I tried the ocean trick and followed the steps but came up empty. Never was able to connect to a game tonight. Shows very few servers. Most show yellow triangles. Started at 60 ping then bumped it to 300 with nothing.

Is there a certain sequence to use or reboot to engage every thing. Using xbox1 COD AW with p2p servers. Thanks on advance.

Since your geofilter is in the ocean try disabling strict mode and keeping everything else the same to see if you are able to get into any games.  Also see if the pings are satisfactory. 

Here is some other tidbits below:

f either of the following apply to you please read the rest of the article:

• You have strict mode off and you always get servers out of your area.
  • You have strict mode off, ping assist on and you always get servers out of your area.
  • You have strict mode on, ping assist on and you always get servers out of your area.
  • You have strict mode on and you can't get a game even though your circle is big

Then it sounds like your region needs to be optimised. Basically servers near you are mis-located. To rectify this please play the game with strict mode off or ping assist on. If you get a game with a server that is far away but the ping is still relatively low (for example you live in Florida but the Seattle host is only 20-40ms away) then please click the host and post its ID in this thread on our forum.

Keep auto & bleeding edge cloud enabled in Settings > Miscellaneous to keep up to date with the latest clo

Edited by PharmDawgg

10 hours ago, Direink144 said:

Ok...will work on this and report back

please make sure that the game is not running in your console and that geo filtering is disabled. Only when COD has started and you are about to select hctdm (as example) then enable the geo filter. This the method I use and it works 100% of the time for me.The above advice is correct but this is the method on how I start the geo filtering process.