Destiny 2 XR500 hit detection test and gameplay

Aspect of Wrath

Destiny 2 was really laggy and hit detection took 1-2 seconds to register until i got the xr500 check out this game play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lgjvRx6CbI&t=164s

My setup

Monitor: RL2460ht BenQ

Console: Ps4 Pro

Sound: Astro A40

control: SCUF with custom metal body/buttons/paddle(in case i throw at wall)

Netduma Settings:

ISP: Bell Canada, add console IP to modem/routers DMZ settings, turn off modem routers wifi with DMZ and HDCP being the only things enabled disable everything else(disable UPNP), then make sure every device is connected to the XR500.

Geo Filter device: Add console, and use destiny 2 profile(keep lowering the distance if you find games laggy)

Anti buffer bloat: Set correct internet speed, set to when high priority is detected so that internet speeds are normal when not gaming, set download to 80% and upload to 80%

Bandwidth allocation: Share excess enabled on both download and upload and give your console 30% download and 30% upload.

Traffic prioritization: Keep dumaOS classified games checked(you do not have to manually prioritize your console).

Advanced settings UPNP: enabled(If you are using than 2 consoles and you find that both do not have open Nat, set Nat filtering to open)

Lan setup: put consoles IP under address reservation. 

Settings USB storage: uncheck enable media server.

Ps4Pro Settings:

Resolution: Automatic

RGB: Full

HDR: off

Deep color: off

Display area: smallest

System settings: boost mode on and leave everything else to default

Ps4 network settings: Auto

Monitor Settings:

look for game mode on your tv/screen and if you have an option for response time set it to fastest.

Thought i would help people with their destiny 2 settings since forsaken is just around the corner. If you are in the Toronto/ New york area add me on psn or join my clan and we should play games together.

• Netduma Staff

Awesome tips, thanks for posting! Out of curiosity, do you get booted at all in Destiny 2 (when there aren't any server issues going on)? Do you use the Geo-Filter for Crucible / Trials and disable it for PVE?

We'll definitely be testing out Forsaken and I'll be playing it avidly - hoping to get it fully supported when it's launched :D

yes  i do use geo filter in crucible and pve(because i forget to turn it off in pve), i used to get the beaver error code when i set the filter to below 800km. To fix the issue i just added 2 dedicated bungie servers outside of the filter to my allow deny list and the game started working properly i can even put the filter below 400km without error codes.

• Administrators

Could you help with the white listing of Bungie servers?  I am rather new to using Duma.

If you are on the XR500, you use Allow & Deny on the ping panel. There's a description on how to do this at the bottom of this page: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter-setup-step-2-

If you are on the R1, this guide explains how to whitelist: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000024132-deny-allow

Could you help with the white listing of Bungie servers?  I am rather new to using Duma.

To sum up all that text:

step 1: log into duma go to geo filter and select destiny profle and click on flush cloud.

step 2: make sure auto ping host is unchecked

step 3: log into destiny 2 and go to the tower, look at geo filter and click on ALL the symbols that does not look like a head and click on it, click allow and name it something you would remember( it will say dedicated if u clicked on the right one).

step 4: play a crucible and follow step 3

step 5: play a strike and follow step 3

step 6: Free roam planets and follow step 3