Max amount of WiFi devices?

Hey All,

Just wandering if there is any recommended max amount of Wireless devices to be connected at the same time to the router? (on 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz or combined etc).

I have alot of wireless devices around the home so just want to make sure I don't start to overload the router which may start to cause performance issues etc.

Cheers!

I have about 20 devices running wifi in the house, no issues on my end .

Hey BIG__DOG,

Thanks for the feedback, are they all connected to the wifi of the router at the same time etc (aka online at the same time)?

Sounds promising though, my Sky router had a tipping point of 11 concurrently connected devices and would then cause the internet to drop out.

Cheers,

most em em yes, I would say theres usually about 14/20 devices usually connected at once. I have alexa;s, hive heating a logitech squeezebox smart tv, nvidia shield tv box, youview box 1 ps4, 3 phones 2 tablets a laptop all running on wifi at the moment. .....that does not include all the wired devices connected via powerlines and switches.

most em em yes, I would say theres usually about 14/20 devices usually connected at once. I have alexa;s, hive heating a logitech squeezebox smart tv, nvidia shield tv box, youview box 1 ps4, 3 phones 2 tablets a laptop all running on wifi at the moment. .....that does not include all the wired devices connected via powerlines and switches.

Cheers BIG__DOG,

You have tonnes of equipment! Good to know it's all being handled well by the router!  :D

Hey All,

Just wandering if there is any recommended max amount of Wireless devices to be connected at the same time to the router? (on 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz or combined etc).

I have alot of wireless devices around the home so just want to make sure I don't start to overload the router which may start to cause performance issues etc.

Cheers!

I currently have 38 devices connected (all have reserved IP addresses).