TweakBit Speedtest Optimizer question?

zombitroid

I was doing a speedtest today on speedtest.net and I decided to try out speedtest.net's speed optimizer, and it found some problems on my computer. For $29.95, it claims to fix all of my pc problems, and to speed up my pc and my "network connection" by at least 29%.

My simple question is, if I buy this product for my pc from my pc, will it improve my entire network connnection's speed, or just my pc's network connection's speed? What does "network connection" mean in this case? Like if it speeds up my computer ever so slightly, and if it improves my speedtest.net resuluts, will this impact my gaming when Im on ps4? Will a pc speed optimizer program effect my ps4 and ps3, or do these programs only effect the pc you download it on? 

Sorry for the hard question.... But thanks for reading! :)

I was doing a speedtest today on speedtest.net and I decided to try out speedtest.net's speed optimizer, and it found some problems on my computer. For $29.95, it claims to fix all of my pc problems, and to speed up my pc and my "network connection" by at least 29%.

My simple question is, if I buy this product for my pc from my pc, will it improve my entire network connnection's speed, or just my pc's network connection's speed? What does "network connection" mean in this case? Like if it speeds up my computer ever so slightly, and if it improves my speedtest.net resuluts, will this impact my gaming when Im on ps4? Will a pc speed optimizer program effect my ps4 and ps3, or do these programs only effect the pc you download it on?

Sorry for the hard question.... But thanks for reading! :)

I personally wouldn't bite. Too gimmicky. There are probably free programs guys like @Zennon can tell you about that would be better. I'd stay away. B)

In the past this was to be a good tool TCP Optimizer

http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

I used to use it on win xp but since vista you do not need to tweak your rwin etc

I would not bother now on the latest versions of windows

You can work out your best mtu setting before fragmentation

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1007914/

but again its not going to speed anything up just give your packets the lowest size , optimum.

I have messed around with all sorts in the past for work and for my gaming set up and nothing has made a bigger inpact than the Netduma , I would just leave well alone if it works it works :)

Thats the thing that makes me want to buy this thing all the reviews are great for this product, and they even have a great return service. The only thing I CANT find online is if this great program can indirectly speed up my entire internet connection on all my devices. I would think that if it chose the optimal internet settings for my computer, making the speedtest website read my internet as faster ping, that it would effect all my devices. But theres nothing in the product details that mentions any such benefit.

The program claims to fix my 150 pc issues and to set up my internet connection settings within my pc so that they are optimal for high speeds.

I guess what Im asking you guys is: Are  these internet connection settings (in my pc) such as my registry, or network properties, designed to only effect my pc? Or will optimizing these registry settings on my pc speed up everything on my network including my ps4?

Sorry that this is such a stupid question but I need to know the answer to this once and for all!

Thanks so much.

The program claims to fix my 150 pc issues and to set up my internet connection settings within my pc so that they are optimal for high speeds.

I guess what Im asking you guys is: Are  these internet connection settings (in my pc) such as my registry, or network properties, designed to only effect my pc? Or will optimizing these registry settings on my pc speed up everything on my network including my ps4?

Sorry that this is such a stupid question but I need to know the answer to this once and for all!

Thanks so much.

It is reporting you have problems to scare you into buying.

The only thing that can speed up your internet is moving closer to the exchange or cabinet.

You can make small changes to speed by making sure your SNRM is optimal by having your wiring in your home the best it can be, modem/router by the master socket then use cat5e or cat 6 to devices.

Running the program on your pc would only effect the pc. I remove this type of crapware from computers on a daily basis.

Archived