Duma OS & Black Ops 4 Beta

Hi guys,

I know black ops 4 hasn't even been out for 24 hours yet and im sure you guys are still doing what you do, but my initial findings of the game seems to work in the way like Fortnite does as in when I have my geo filter just selected over the uk and uk only I cant actually find a game. When I turn the geo filter off I find games straight away.

This post isn't really a post of please help me more of id love to hear how other players are getting on 

• Administrators

We're still downloading the beta at the moment so can't comment for certain. May just be there is a matchmaking server being blocked or they've only launched a few servers in each region. Will be able to comment more once we can start testing it later

• Administrators

Looks like its working as previous CoDs have so far! I suspect your issue was to do with playing quite early when there are not as many people on, therefore restricting the search even further made it harder to get a game. If you try now or even later you should see its working as expected

Looks like its working as previous CoDs have so far! I suspect your issue was to do with playing quite early when there are not as many people on, therefore restricting the search even further made it harder to get a game. If you try now or even later you should see its working as expected

its not, the XR500 isnt actauly helping you ping in anyway.

If it can force you to get the closest server then it will help your ping. 

But does that stop other slagging and having hit detection issues? no it dont so being closest to a server makes not much difference if other players are same distance as you but have high pings.

• Administrators

But does that stop other slagging and having hit detection issues? no it dont so being closest to a server makes not much difference if other players are same distance as you but have high pings.

Being closer to server, on a lower ping, is always better than being further away for your hit detection etc. Obviously laggy players can still cause those WTF moments, but most of the players will have good connections so your experience will be FAR better than being the laggy player yourself when playing on a distant server.

My Geo-Filter doesn't actually show anything.  Can't tell what server I'm connected to or where the peers are.  

Sounds like you may not have the correct device entered at the top of the device panel. Could you delete all the devices from there and then re add your PS4 (make sure it's the PS4 that is showing as online in your Device Manager). Hosts should then start appearing.

Being closer to server, on a lower ping, is always better than being further away for your hit detection etc. Obviously laggy players can still cause those WTF moments, but most of the players will have good connections so your experience will be FAR better than being the laggy player yourself when playing on a distant server.

Sounds like you may not have the correct device entered at the top of the device panel. Could you delete all the devices from there and then re add your PS4 (make sure it's the PS4 that is showing as online in your Device Manager). Hosts should then start appearing.

I think youll find it doesnt really change much at all.