No WiFi please help!!

Twisted Entropy

I have NO wifi period and yes it is enabled. None of my devices recognize (are discoverable) the router. Must be a hardware issue straight out of the box. Please help since I can find no other way to contact Netduma for a new one. I even tried entering my network name and passphrase and it still could not find the duma. No wifi...unhappy wife....very frustrated for a product that is suppose to be "amazing". P.S. I also am having insanely low upload speeds. From 28(direct from modem) up to 1.???WTF

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Netduma Staff

Hi Twisted Entropy, welcome to the forum :)

Can you make sure you are using 2.4Ghz as the frequency as the router doesn't support 5Ghz.. Please follow this guide to set up the router and get the speeds that you usually get. But is sounds like you could be using the 5Ghz frequency - chaining to 2.4Ghz will fix the problem if you are :)

Let us know if that works.

I had it on 5ghz so that was the problem. Now my other problem which is the low speeds (60 down and 1 up). I have on reactive (pay for 150 down and 20 up) with workaround disabled, deep packets disabled, enabled cookies to retain settings and cap max 100%.If I go straight from modem I get around 27 up. Also I do have latest firmware.

• Netduma Staff

I had it on 5ghz so that was the problem. Now my other problem which is the low speeds (60 down and 1 up). I have on reactive (pay for 150 down and 20 up) with workaround disabled, deep packets disabled, enabled cookies to retain settings and cap max 100%.If I go straight from modem I get around 27 up. Also I do have latest firmware.

Have you disabled IPv6 in the places that it tells you to on the guide? :)

Yes I have done EVERYTHING that the guide stated. I myself am not ignorant to networking so I am very perplexed and upset that this router is being restrictive. With the duma 4449814034.png ..........direct from modem 4449834882.png ... same server that I have been using for years ~300 miles away...no other devices connected. Not sure why the download speed is so low from the modem because it averages ~120mbs. Both tests ran three times for validity purposes. Pics within range. The upload today is much better through the duma because yesterday I could only get 1mbs up. WTF??

Yes I have done EVERYTHING that the guide stated. I myself am not ignorant to networking so I am very perplexed and upset that this router is being restrictive. With the duma 4449814034.png ..........direct from modem 4449834882.png ... same server that I have been using for years ~300 miles away...no other devices connected. Not sure why the download speed is so low from the modem because it averages ~120mbs. Both tests ran three times for validity purposes. Pics within range. The upload today is much better through the duma because yesterday I could only get 1mbs up. WTF??

Make sure your bandwidth is set right in congestion control. If you restarted it trying to fix your wifi problem it could have reset some settings since the router only saves settings every hour. I had this happen to me yesterday actually after a factory reset. Default speed is set to 1mbps upload and 60mbps download so that would explain it.

If the bandwidth reset back to default then check the other settings also. Deep packet processing and the algorithm definitely reset back to default on me yesterday from rebooting a few times.

• Netduma Staff

Bandwidth is set to my speeds...never reset router...deep packet processing disabling is in the guide (done). If you will enable cookies and refresh after changing settings, you will not have to worry about losing settings. Please someone out there....need help.

Are the sliders both set to 100%? Is share excess ticked in device prioritisation?

• Netduma Staff

I had rebooted a couple of times already (not today) but I did it again. Better but the upload is piss poor compared from modem. 

Are you doing this test wired? Can you make sure the cable connecting the Netduma to the modem is plugged in fully and isn't lose. Can you also confirm that the cable you are using to attach the two is a good quality one.

Can you go to Congestion control and press 'Reset Distribution' the 'Update'. See if your upload speeds improve after that :)

I had already tried every method of distribution even with 100% to the PC. I am kinda confused that you would ask about the cable because the router comes with a cat 6 cable. Thought you would have knowledge of that??? Oh and I would never game or use my PC on wifi, hard lined always.

• Netduma Staff

I had already tried every method of distribution even with 100% to the PC. I am kinda confused that you would ask about the cable because the router comes with a cat 6 cable. Thought you would have knowledge of that??? Oh and I would never game or use my PC on wifi, hard lined always.

My router was shipped with a CAT 6 cable but It has been over 7 months since then, so no, I wasn't sure if Netduma had carried on shipping complimentary CAT 6 cables. Secondly, just because it is shipped with a CAT 6 cable doesn't mean you have used it. The cable they sent (at least for me) was very short so it may have been more convenient for you to use a longer one. I hope that clears up your confusion of why I was checking the quality of the cable that you were using.

If you've followed all the instructions in the guide then you should be getting maximum speeds. When you are connecting just with the mom there are no other devices connected. When you connect with the Netduma there will be other devices connected so is it possible that there is another device using the upload bandwidth?

I previously stated that there were NO other devices, period. Yes I used their cable bc it's a cat 6 which would work great. From modem to duma using supplied cat 6 cable, from duma to PC using 6' cat 6 from Best Buy. Nothing else. Well if there is no fix for my router (which could be defective) then I need help finding a way to get a refund. I will even pay for shipping. I can not handle from 25mbs to 9mbs. I should get the same quality as everyone else.

• Netduma Staff

Ok, although you might have already done this please try it again as I doubt it is a hardware issue and more likely a software issue:

First:

- Disable IPv6 in Settings >> WAN.

- Disable IPv6 in Settings >> LAN.

- Disable IPv6 in Settings >> Miscellaneous.

- Check correct speeds are entered in congestion control.

- Make sure sliders are set to 100%.

- Make sure share excess is ticked.

- Restart Netduma from Settings >> Miscellaneous.

Do a speed test and see if speeds have increased.

If they haven't:

- Change the cable between the Netduma and the modem.

- Test to a different server.

- Restart Netduma from Settings >> Miscellaneous.

If that still does not work, please post one speed test when connected to the Netduma and one when connected directly to the modem. Please make it clear which is which. We can then see how big the difference is after trying the above steps.

Please follow this carefully so nothing is missed. Thank you.

Ok I manually reset the duma and followed your instructions to a t plus disabled deep packet and work around. No change. Changed to original cable from modem to the duma, reboot and different server, no change (using firmware 1.03.4). Results are as follows:

Duma: 4451973952.png

Modem: 4452012382.png

• Netduma Staff

Ok I manually reset the duma and followed your instructions to a t plus disabled deep packet and work around. No change. Changed to original cable from modem to the duma, reboot and different server, no change (using firmware 1.03.4).

Did you also select the 'reactive' algorithm?

Archived