No WiFi please help!!

Twisted Entropy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Had a 1 on 1 with Entropy, all the settings we recommended were applied and the speed stayed roughly the same. Theres no visible reason on the surface why the speeds are low. I had a thought after the fact, Entropy is using the Motorola Surfboard SB6121 I know there has been some issues with other Surfboard models, this may potentially have something to do with it.

It could be. I had the Surfboard 6183 and constantly had to keep rebooting my modem. I hate to say it but I would not use any Arris/Motorola modems. I am with Comcast and I have changed to the Netgear CM500.

It could be. I had the Surfboard 6183 and constantly had to keep rebooting my modem. I hate to say it but I would not use any Arris/Motorola modems. I am with Comcast and I have changed to the Netgear CM500.

I love my Arris modem, I had to fight with Comcast just to get it back lol

It's not a surfboard but nothing would surprise me.

I haven't had any problems with my sb6121 but I do know I can't get my 150mbs down only 120mbs. Supposedly the sb6121 is a 4 channel and I need an 8 channel to get my true speeds. That's what the Mediacom tech said. Can anyone confirm? Other than this, my netgear r6300 would allow speeds up to 120mbs. Don't know how the modem can perform differently between the duma and my r6300.

I haven't had any problems with my sb6121 but I do know I can't get my 150mbs down only 120mbs. Supposedly the sb6121 is a 4 channel and I need an 8 channel to get my true speeds. That's what the Mediacom tech said. Can anyone confirm? Other than this, my netgear r6300 would allow speeds up to 120mbs. Don't know how the modem can perform differently between the duma and my r6300.

"The Motorola SB6121 SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0  Cable  Modem provides operators with an economic option  for providing Ultra-Broadband services, with four  times the current maximum user data throughput approximating 160 Mbps in DOCSIS mode"

So theoretically it should be able to hit 160mbps but they are right that upgrading to an 8 channel modem will offer about 360mbps which will future proof you for a while. For comparison, Comcast is now giving out 24 channel modems.

"The Motorola SB6121 SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0  Cable  Modem provides operators with an economic option  for providing Ultra-Broadband services, with four  times the current maximum user data throughput approximating 160 Mbps in DOCSIS mode"

So theoretically it should be able to hit 160mbps but they are right that upgrading to an 8 channel modem will offer about 360mbps which will future proof you for a while. For comparison, Comcast is now giving out 24 channel modems.

Oh wow. I miss Comcast. Thank you very much for the info.

Archived