Need help setting up DUMA with new ISP and Calix 813Gv2 Hub

So, i deciced to change my ISP for a new one that provides fiber. My ISP installed a Calix 813Gv2 fiber Hub next to a Tp-Link Router.

Now heres the issue:

When i replace the Tp-Link with my Duma i assume that the internet connection would begin just atomatically and smooth, and that doesnt seem the case. Because i dont have any internet at all. I did a factory reset then tried again and nothing. Then i called my ISP for assistance and they told me that i need to log into, whatever the brand of my "new" router is, WAN, PPPoE and log an username and a password, nothing happened. I called again and another technician told me that is not necesary log that username and password on PPPoE and i just have to set up my Duma into bridge mode.

Can someone help me with the right configuration for my Duma since i have this new hub and not acctually using a modem? Thanks.

• Administrators

Hi Willo,

I would go this step-by-step.

First of all, let's get Internet definitely working through your modem. If you access the modem, can you enter your PPPoE details there? If yes, do you then have Internet? I assume you need to enter these details which is why the first technician recommended it. But if there is no option for PPPoE then maybe you don't need it. 

Once you have that working, connect your Netduma to the modem (make sure the cable goes into port 1 on the back of the Netduma). Then power on the Netduma. Finally connect your PC to the Netduma. You should now get Internet through it. Check if you can. If you cannot, then let us know on here and we can guide you through the next steps.

Finally, please ignore the second technician's advice. You don't want to put the Netduma into Bridge Mode as that would remove all the features (bad idea!).

Hi Willo,

I would go this step-by-step.

First of all, let's get Internet definitely working through your modem. If you access the modem, can you enter your PPPoE details there? If yes, do you then have Internet? I assume you need to enter these details which is why the first technician recommended it. But if there is no option for PPPoE then maybe you don't need it. 

Once you have that working, connect your Netduma to the modem (make sure the cable goes into port 1 on the back of the Netduma). Then power on the Netduma. Finally connect your PC to the Netduma. You should now get Internet through it. Check if you can. If you cannot, then let us know on here and we can guide you through the next steps.

Finally, please ignore the second technician's advice. You don't want to put the Netduma into Bridge Mode as that would remove all the features (bad idea!).

The PPPoE details on the Calix Hub are already configured. I just connected the Duma to the Hub and theres no internet, when i connect the Calix Hub straight to my PC via ethernet theres no internet either.  Im assuming it doesnt get an IP automatically by just pluggin the Duma. When i plug the other router the internet works fine.

• Administrators

Double check what the WAN settings are on the other router then recreate them on the Duma. 

It may also be that the hub was bridged to the other router in which case you'd need to change it to be to the duma.

Double check what the WAN settings are on the other router then recreate them on the Duma. 

It may also be that the hub was bridged to the other router in which case you'd need to change it to be to the duma.

How exactly i do that? I mean bridge my Duma to the Hub? Sadly i dont have the username and password of the other router and i tried "admin" to replicate that config.

So, how you guys recommend me to stetting up the DUMA? Ive been waiting for several days for assistance.