Getting an A but not an A+ on DSLReports?

• Administrators

Ok, will there be a fix for it soon? I feel like the dumOS mainly caters to Xbox and not PlayStation:( also, do I need to mess with advanced settings in “traffic priorities selector?”

It caters to both equally, what do you mean you think it caters to Xbox? There will be a fix yes. No need to mess around with ports or anything like that!

And also I’ve noticed that others can select PlayStation, but I can’t. Is my router broken? Faulty hardware? Idk but I’ve notice that on videos and pics and from what other people are telling me they are able to select it but I cannot;(

• Administrators

And also I’ve noticed that others can select PlayStation, but I can’t. Is my router broken? Faulty hardware? Idk but I’ve notice that on videos and pics and from what other people are telling me they are able to select it but I cannot;(

I'm not sure what you mean. If you have a PS4 you select that then on the Geo-Filter it will default to console just the same as Xbox. Then for Traffic Prioritization you select you console (if you've disabled default option) and select the generic games console option. It will show as Xbox but only because its a typo, it will prioritise your PS4 just the same :)

Yes I see what you are talking about, but where it says “service” mines says Xbox and it will not let me change it to PlayStation. I’ve seen on others where it has let them but mines it won’t. It makes me think there is something wrong with my router. It doesn’t seem like a typo if others have PlayStation under where it says service on the selected games

Yes I see what you are talking about, but where it says “service” mines says Xbox and it will not let me change it to PlayStation. I’ve seen on others where it has let them but mines it won’t. It makes me think there is something wrong with my router. It doesn’t seem like a typo if others have PlayStation under where it says service on the selected games

I got the same issue: it's just a bug, don't worry about it.

• Administrators

You select the service 'Games Console' it shows as Xbox when added but it is just a typo. It will prioritise your PlayStation. If you've seen others where thats not the case then its very likely from an old version from before DumaOS Classified Games wasn't an option. There is nothing wrong with the router

You select the service 'Games Console' it shows as Xbox when added but it is just a typo. It will prioritise your PlayStation. If you've seen others where thats not the case then its very likely from an old version from before DumaOS Classified Games wasn't an option. There is nothing wrong with the router

I bought the router in the end. I do not know about others, but I believe mine has a problem. The sliders don't work at all and I realised this after a week. No matter what I do the speed stays at maximum. I rebooted it several times and tried different sliders setting. Any idea?

• Administrators

I bought the router in the end. I do not know about others, but I believe mine has a problem. The sliders don't work at all and I realised this after a week. No matter what I do the speed stays at maximum. I rebooted it several times and tried different sliders setting. Any idea?

It sounds like you may have it set to Apply 'Never' but most likely you have enabled 'Disable QoS' in Anti-Bufferbloat's settings, is that the case?

It sounds like you may have it set to Apply 'Never' but most likely you have enabled 'Disable QoS' in Anti-Bufferbloat's settings, is that the case?

hey, thanks for the prompt reply. everything is setup correctly: bufferbloat always on, QoS on.

• Administrators

hey, thanks for the prompt reply. everything is setup correctly: bufferbloat always on, QoS on.

Have you set your bandwidth speeds to be higher than what you actually get when direct to the modem?

Have you set your bandwidth speeds to be higher than what you actually get when direct to the modem?

I have quickly installed the latest firmware and did a factory reset and it seems the sliders work right now. I will keep you updated if the issue comes back again.

Great keep us updated!

The sliders work fine now. But I can't get FIFA and StreetFighter V to work. In FIFA I monitor the connection and there is no spike while pinging the guy I play with in Seasons (I play only against people with lower ping than 35 ms) and it still lags like crazy. It worked perfect for 4 days (Saturday last week until Wednesday morning). Since Wednesday FIFA has been unplayable. I tried the sliders everywhere, I tested everything. I don't know what to do anymore.

• Administrators

The sliders work fine now. But I can't get FIFA and StreetFighter V to work. In FIFA I monitor the connection and there is no spike while pinging the guy I play with in Seasons (I play only against people with lower ping than 35 ms) and it still lags like crazy. It worked perfect for 4 days (Saturday last week until Wednesday morning). Since Wednesday FIFA has been unplayable. I tried the sliders everywhere, I tested everything. I don't know what to do anymore.

You may have a proiblem with your Internet line. Could you run a Pingplotter test to check please:

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/23881-ping-plotter-quick-guide/

Also make sure you use the Geo-Filter to guarantee a local server / opponent.

You may have a proiblem with your Internet line. Could you run a Pingplotter test to check please:

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/23881-ping-plotter-quick-guide/

Also make sure you use the Geo-Filter to guarantee a local server / opponent.

Trust me, I am making sure I get a local connection. Now, I am confused. I read something on the forum that ping plotter has a packet loss bug. How will it be reliable, if there is a bug in it?

• Administrators

Trust me, I am making sure I get a local connection. Now, I am confused. I read something on the forum that ping plotter has a packet loss bug. How will it be reliable, if there is a bug in it?

It's only if you use a certain focus time I believe, the guide given will ensure an accurate reading

It's only if you use a certain focus time I believe, the guide given will ensure an accurate reading

The bug only happens if you set the interval to 1 second.

• 4 weeks later...

I had this same problem with the Asus AC86U and am now experiencing it with the XR500.  I thought that since the R1 handles everything so well in this regard I would have much better luck with the superior hardware on the XR500 with DumaOS blend - oh boy was I wrong.  Same spikes, same problems.  

How is this the case being that it's using essentially the same software to route everything?  I have a Gigabit connection with 994 down/42 up. 

Don't have a very sophisticated setup either I'm using an SB8200 Docsis 3.1 modem.  

Settings:

Have CC at 70% for both (have experimented with no luck).

Btw I see pingplotter being recommended as an alternative, but truly it's not.  PingPlotter traffic is so minuscule that it's not subject to the same level of congestion that typical traffic would be.  DSLReports bufferbloat test is indeed accurate unfortunately. 

Duma.png

• Administrators

70% is a recommended starting point but it doesn't work as well for everyone as all connections are different so we encourage users to experiment, I'd recommend trying lower and higher percentages and then testing to find the best percentage that eliminates congestion as much as possible.

You do also seem to have a high base ping so I would also do a test direct from the modem with nothing else using the internet to get a base line 

70% is a recommended starting point but it doesn't work as well for everyone as all connections are different so we encourage users to experiment, I'd recommend trying lower and higher percentages and then testing to find the best percentage that eliminates congestion as much as possible.

You do also seem to have a high base ping so I would also do a test direct from the modem with nothing else using the internet to get a base line 

I believe the high baseline ping is just how it's routed.  Sometimes it'll dramatically change to 15ms and stay that way until another hop comes into the fold.  That's when pinging google.com and others at times too.  I believe it has something to do on their end with a persistent connection.

• Administrators

I believe the high baseline ping is just how it's routed.  Sometimes it'll dramatically change to 15ms and stay that way until another hop comes into the fold.  That's when pinging google.com and others at times too.  I believe it has something to do on their end with a persistent connection.

Use a different target, maybe a more local website if you know of one just to check so you know what to expect

Use a different target, maybe a more local website if you know of one just to check so you know what to expect

Just curious what would cause the R1 and the XR500 to yield such incredibly different results?  The only thing I can think of is deep packet inspection - are we every going to get a toggle for this so that at very least we can set the optimal parameters with it off then re-enable it after the fact?