Deny & Allow File save

I wish you could save your Deny & Allow list, so that if you have to reset your router or after a power outage you can just upload the saved file and have it the way it was before the Netduma R1 reset. My misses works at home and her clients bring a lot of different devices to our house and they all want to use our wifi, then sometimes the Device Manager gets glitched and I can't remove a clients device (device is still active, when it’s not), I got the advice from Fraser and other people ‘’if nothing else works, reset your router’’, but then I will lose my Deny & Allow list which is extremely important to me and take a lot of time to setupI wish you could save your Deny & Allow list, so that if you have to reset your router or after a power outage you can just upload the saved file and have it the way it was before the Netduma R1 reset. My misses works at home and her clients bring a lot of different devices to our house and they all want to use our wifi, then sometimes the Device Manager gets glitched and I can't remove a clients device (device is still active, when it’s not), I got the advice from Fraser and other people ‘’if nothing else works, reset your router’’, but then I will lose my Deny & Allow list which is extremely important to me and take a lot of time to setup

In April on the 18th the new dumaOS will be available for download in the R1. You will nolonger have this issue regarding device manager and deletion of devices. You are really going to like the new OS I promise.

8R57OaCl.jpg

OMG, that looks amazing! Still, it would be nice if you were able to save the Deny and Allow list for yourself or upload it for friends or other players. I am just constantly scared of a power outage or whatever if my Netduma R1 goes out, I go out!

I wish you could save your Deny & Allow list, so that if you have to reset your router or after a power outage you can just upload the saved file and have it the way it was before the Netduma R1 reset. My misses works at home and her clients bring a lot of different devices to our house and they all want to use our wifi, then sometimes the Device Manager gets glitched and I can't remove a clients device (device is still active, when it’s not), I got the advice from Fraser and other people ‘’if nothing else works, reset your router’’, but then I will lose my Deny & Allow list which is extremely important to me and take a lot of time to setupI wish you could save your Deny & Allow list, so that if you have to reset your router or after a power outage you can just upload the saved file and have it the way it was before the Netduma R1 reset. My misses works at home and her clients bring a lot of different devices to our house and they all want to use our wifi, then sometimes the Device Manager gets glitched and I can't remove a clients device (device is still active, when it’s not), I got the advice from Fraser and other people ‘’if nothing else works, reset your router’’, but then I will lose my Deny & Allow list which is extremely important to me and take a lot of time to setup

You can save your settings including Deny & Allow using 'profiles'. You can then load the saved profile after you factory reset. 

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000027822-getting-started-with-save-current-settings

A word of caution - after you factory reset, select your gaming device on the geofilter before you load your saved profile. There is a rare bug with profiles that can cause the geofilter to glitch (requiring another factory reset) if you don't select a device first. I've only seen that a couple of times but I thought it was worth mentioning. 

One last question, if a power outage would happen do I then always need to load my profile everytime I want to play a game or can I make the settings standard or something?

One last question, if a power outage would happen do I then always need to load my profile everytime I want to play a game or can I make the settings standard or something?

you should be ok, but if theres a sudden loss of power it may be wise to reload your profile to be on the samfe side, but you should be ok to be honest.

• Administrators

Thanks everyone for their great help here.

Fakkel - if you want to learn more about DumaOS have a look on YouTube. There are already few videos up now demonstrating it. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dumaos