Multiple(3) ps4 in one network

Ok ive been reading all iver the net and here and ive seen many i mean many diffrent replies. I want to use 3 ps4 in my network one for m3 and two for my kids. How can i accomplish this, i know i cant be the first nor the last to need this. Please help?

i know 2 is possible but not sure about 3...........I have an edgerouter X and I can have multiple networks on the same connection which would be a solution for your issue and you could link the netduma to control 1 ps4 that way.....but as for 3 on your current configuration i do not know but there are some highly experienced members here who can advise you otherwise!

I’ve got two running off the duma one pro wired for myself that I use wireless at times and one wireless for my kids, I can use them both without changing any sorrt of settings and still acheive an open nat in everything. Are you having a certain problem with setting them up that we can help with or curious for use after Christmas maybe?

Ok ive been reading all iver the net and here and ive seen many i mean many diffrent replies. I want to use 3 ps4 in my network one for m3 and two for my kids. How can i accomplish this, i know i cant be the first nor the last to need this. Please help?

I don’t know for sure about multiple PS4s but I have 4 xboxes on my network all with open (console) NAT. On COD games 1 console will be open and the other 3 will show as moderate NAT but this is a false report by the game. As long as the console NAT is open it doesn’t cause any in game issues. I can’t remember the in’s and out’s of why you only see open NAT on one console but it started happening when BO3 came out. I think the COD devs changed the way the games deal with NAT. If I remember correctly Iain contacted Activision at the time about it but they didn’t respond.

But as I said, as long as all your consoles NATs are open then don’t worry about some consoles showing a moderate NAT if you play COD.

i know 2 is possible but not sure about 3...........I have an edgerouter X and I can have multiple networks on the same connection which would be a solution for your issue and you could link the netduma to control 1 ps4 that way.....but as for 3 on your current configuration i do not know but there are some highly experienced members here who can advise you otherwise!

Thanks for taking the time to reply, i was looking into the nighthawk x4s was reading it is as full cone nat, and that people have accomplished open nats within the call of duty games on 3 ps4 within the same house hold, but you loose the advantages of the duma, and i like my duma, its seems to be straight forward. Now you mentioned the edgerouter x. I love the idea of being able to keep my duma running on my ps4. But the videos I saw on youtube had me all lost. Can you get open nat's within the cod game? on all your consoles? Would I need a degree to set up the edgerouter x. The price point is good. Thanks again for your time.

I’ve got two running off the duma one pro wired for myself that I use wireless at times and one wireless for my kids, I can use them both without changing any sorrt of settings and still acheive an open nat in everything. Are you having a certain problem with setting them up that we can help with or curious for use after Christmas maybe?

Brother not currently, these will be Christmas presents and just want to be squared away or at least have the knowledge to address any issues on Christmas day not be left wanting. Ill communicate all issues as soon as their set up. I do have 2 xbones, one is always open the other is moderate on COD BO3. but were all moving to ps4 and adding a third.

I don’t know for sure about multiple PS4s but I have 4 xboxes on my network all with open (console) NAT. On COD games 1 console will be open and the other 3 will show as moderate NAT but this is a false report by the game. As long as the console NAT is open it doesn’t cause any in game issues. I can’t remember the in’s and out’s of why you only see open NAT on one console but it started happening when BO3 came out. I think the COD devs changed the way the games deal with NAT. If I remember correctly Iain contacted Activision at the time about it but they didn’t respond.

But as I said, as long as all your consoles NATs are open then don’t worry about some consoles showing a moderate NAT if you play COD.

This will be my first time with 3 consoles, ps4's, I've used 2 XB1 in the past one with open nat and the second moderate withing COD. When i played on my own I would dominate, when my kid would join, I would see a huge difference in game play, I was wired she was wireless. I would just like to accomplish open nats within the game.

Brother not currently, these will be Christmas presents and just want to be squared away or at least have the knowledge to address any issues on Christmas day not be left wanting. Ill communicate all issues as soon as their set up. I do have 2 xbones, one is always open the other is moderate on COD BO3. but were all moving to ps4 and adding a third.

Yea that’s what I figured, from what I’ve seen and heard the moderate on the second is simply an error on cods part or false and as long as your type 2 on it in your network settings they should be good. Correct me if I’m wrong here guys, but I think I’ve seen Frazier and Jack mention this.

I’ll check to be sure today on our second PS4 cause my kids are young so they don’t worry about nat, but mines always open or it’s easy to forward or use upnp and make it that way on all cod games. Good luck and hope you enjoy switching over to PS4, player base seems slightly more mature most times overall although obviously tools are everywhere on both lol. I myself liked Xbox and 360 even being on ps forever until having to buy a third Xbox 360 so I’ve not bothered buying an X1, was seriously considering Scorpio, but realized my gaming laptop can play all their games and do it better in most cases so I haven’t bit. I’m sure any issues you may run into can be resolved either by one of us or by the mods if something’s really off.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, i was looking into the nighthawk x4s was reading it is as full cone nat, and that people have accomplished open nats within the call of duty games on 3 ps4 within the same house hold, but you loose the advantages of the duma, and i like my duma, its seems to be straight forward. Now you mentioned the edgerouter x. I love the idea of being able to keep my duma running on my ps4. But the videos I saw on youtube had me all lost. Can you get open nat's within the cod game? on all your consoles? Would I need a degree to set up the edgerouter x. The price point is good. Thanks again for your time.

the edgerouter isnt easy to set up if your not net network savvy.....i have enough knowledge to get me through and do what I want. I Only have the 1 console but I know you can run seperate networks on the single connection so it is possible through an edgerouter. Not keen on nighthawks or netgear for that matter as the stock firmware is below standard. You may also be able to flash the netgear with lede wrt depending on the model and I am almost certain that you can do 3 consoles......but I know you certainly can do 2 consoles with lede as simjc74 does it on his youtube channel.

• Administrators

NAT Type 2 is open and you should be able to achieve this no problem on all 3 consoles. The in game NAT reading is where it gets tricky because I don't think it reads it properly. UPnP should sort that out, if not then port forwarding and choosing the ports 3074, 3075, 3076 - one for each console should do it.