ISP Came To Fix Their Modem Issues, Ended Up Making It Impossible To Access Netduma R1's Router Webpage

Title pretty much says it all, but I know you guys want MORE information. So, here's the story, my internet was trash. We called in about it, had our static IP address removed because it wasn't really helping us. Things were fine until about 20 minutes after the call (keep in mind that the static IP was already removed by this point, and we were already using the dynamic IP, with the Netduma's settings changed from the static IP settings to automatic settings). All of the sudden, we had no internet connection. I called in again and they couldn't fix it, so they sent out a technician. Now, I was working when the tech was here, so I have no idea what the hell he did, but he made it so we can't access our Netduma's router page at all, and we have to use our ISP's modem webpage (which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't absolutely bare minimum garbage). We literally can't make use of ANY of the Duma's amazing QoS features, and it you know anything about Xplornet, you know we NEED them. This modem page basically has information-related content, and that's it.

I really, REALLY need to be able to access my Netduma page. I've tried using 192.168.88.1 and it just times out. Our default gateway obviously just takes us to our modem page. I called them again and the tech support rep had no idea why the technician set it up this way. The tech support really couldn't do anything and suggested that I try to find answers with you guys.

I'm pretty tech savvy, if you guys need any other information, I can most likely get it. Just, please, if there's any way to make it so I'm back on the Duma Express as opposed to the Xplornet Chug-Along, tell me. Because our internet is virtually unusable at the moment.

you should be able to factory reset the netduma by putting a pin in the small reset hole next to power input at the rear......connect the duma to lan 1 of your isp modem and the other end to lan 1 (poe) on rear of the netduma then reboot the netduma and wait 1 minute and then you should be good to go.

you should be able to factory reset the netduma by putting a pin in the small reset hole next to power input at the rear......connect the duma to lan 1 of your isp modem and the other end to lan 1 (poe) on rear of the netduma then reboot the netduma and wait 1 minute and then you should be good to go.

The way they have it set up now is that the Netduma is only distributing the Wireless signal. If I reset it, don't I run the risk of losing the internet connection entirely? If I plug the PoE cable into anything other than Ethernet slot 4 (yes, we're at THAT level of incompetence), it simply doesn't work. Will hitting the reset button disable the connection entirely with the information now thrown in?

Also, the modem is not a "Wi-Fi" modem. It essentially just a satellite on my roof that feeds an Ethernet cable to a power supply, and then has a "to-computer/router" one way Ethernet cord (which is currently plugged in to the Ethernet 4 port on the Netduma. Basically, there are no ports for my modem. Only that one cord that comes out of the silly little power supply.

agh, ok leave things alone for the moment then if your isp router doesnt support wifi.....someone in your country who has experience with your isp may have better info for you bud!

agh, ok leave things alone for the moment then if your isp router doesnt support wifi.....someone in your country who has experience with your isp may have better info for you bud!

Thanks for trying, though. I really appreciate the ideas. Heck, you may even be right. I just have to be careful, because these people take around a week to send out a technician, and the last one put me in this situation.

out of curiosity where is your pc plugged into as I am wondering why you cannot access the netduma gui?

I've tried it through every Ethernet port, as well as wirelessly. I'm telling you, man. I have no idea what they did, but they did it. Even if I disconnect the modem's PoE cable, I cannot access the Netduma's page at all.

I've tried it through every Ethernet port, as well as wirelessly. I'm telling you, man. I have no idea what they did, but they did it. Even if I disconnect the modem's PoE cable, I cannot access the Netduma's page at all.

If you open a command prompt on your PC and type ipconfig what is the IP address of the default gateway?

• Administrators

Used it, takes me to the modem page.

Unplug the R1 from the modem completely, then just have power in the R1 and ethernet from PC to port 2 of R1. Then do what blues said above, then try to access interface using that IP, are you able to? If so then check in LAN to see if the LAN IP has been changed.

Unplug the R1 from the modem completely, then just have power in the R1 and ethernet from PC to port 2 of R1. Then do what blues said above, then try to access interface using that IP, are you able to? If so then check in LAN to see if the LAN IP has been changed.

Gave that a shot. Even with the modem not plugged in to the Duma, the Default Gateway is the same, and we cannot access the Duma through it. It still attempts to load the Xplornet modem login page for some reason.

Gave that a shot. Even with the modem not plugged in to the Duma, the Default Gateway is the same, and we cannot access the Duma through it. It still attempts to load the Xplornet modem login page for some reason.

Reboot the PC when the Netduma is connected to it.

Reboot the PC when the Netduma is connected to it.

Did that. Same result for some reason. I'm not sure what happened here, man.

Also check your PC, have you given yourself a static IP address?

I haven't. I've used both of my PCs at this point to try it. Have you ever encountered anything like this before?