Working with a switch?

Hello,

I'm considering to buy the Netduma R1 Router. I just have a question. My Modem is downstairs and it's connected to all my devices.

My gaming setup is upstairs and theirs one cable who is connected from the modem through the ceiling and its coming out in the room where my gaming setup is.

That cable is connected to the Sitecom switch (SITECOM LN-121 Network Giga Switch 8 port) and from there I have 2 or 3 other ethernet cables who are connected to other devices and my PS4.

Will the router work as good with the switch? Or are there other options to make the router work as good?

Sorry if my english isn't that great, but I'm trying.

Thanks

They are a category of ethernet cable and the best to use, if you check yours at home they will more than likley say cat5e on them.

Modem into the duma on POE port one then out of any of the other ports to devices downstairs and the ehternent cable to go upstairs from any other port to up stairs then into the switch feeding your console etc .

Here the set up guide and how to wiki to have a read through http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php

His switch is upstairs that is why i suggested any devices that are wired downstairs to just use a  port on the duma.

Right, exactly how you said it... Put the R1 on the modem downstairs and use the ethernet to run upstairs to your switch. This way all devices are seen by the R1 and you can use all the features of the router.

• Administrators

I agree with Zennon & MAz

Modem > Netduma > All Devices

> Wire to switch upstairs > Gaming Devices

That will work :)

• Netduma Staff

Thanks and the features will work 100% like without a switch, correct?

Yea, it will work the same as if you don't have the switch there - it will be transparant to the Netduma. The features will work correctly if you set it up as Iain showed in the diagram :)

Thanks for all the answers. I did order the router.

Last question: It also works for my TV, right? It's wired and its now plugged into my modem/router. Can I plug it into the Netduma and still have a good experience while I am gaming? 

Problem is  I have only 20Mbs (Fibre is coming soon to my town, can't wait) and don't want to fight with the Mrs. of the house  :D

• Netduma Staff

Thanks for all the answers. I did order the router.

Last question: It also works for my TV, right? It's wired and its now plugged into my modem/router. Can I plug it into the Netduma and still have a good experience while I am gaming? 

Problem is  I have only 20Mbs (Fibre is coming soon to my town, can't wait) and don't want to fight with the Mrs. of the house  :D

Yep, it should work fine with the TV - I know other users use smart TVs which require an internet connection with the Netduma. And nice one on the order - I hope you enjoy using it. If you require any help once you've bought it, just ask! :)

Yes, I'm watching through satellite and the internet with a dreambox (don't know if you are familiar with it). 

I'm also hoping for a fantastic experience with this router. Can't wait till I have it.

• Netduma Staff

Yes, I'm watching through satellite and the internet with a dreambox (don't know if you are familiar with it). 

I'm also hoping for a fantastic experience with this router. Can't wait till I have it.

I'm not familiar with it but if it is working with your current modem/router then it should work absolutely fine with the Netduma :)

Enjoy the Duma when it arrives!

Hello guys,

Yesterday the Netduma arrived! Thank you for the good service.

I have one question, when I look at other topics/on youtube, the UPnP is important to let the Netduma do its work.

I have a Fritzbox 7360 WLAN modem/router and have UPnP enabled, but the Netduma router doesn't show up there. On my Netduma router it's also enabled and I can see there my desc, external port and all that good stuff. Do I have to do port forwarding or something like that or will it work automatically?

I'm really not so familiar with this stuff so excuse me when it's a dumb question.

• Administrators

Awesome stuff Mars!

Not a dumb question at all. So the point of UPnP for us is to get your NAT open. Is your NAT open when you play games? If not then we may need to do some additional steps to get it sorted :)

Hello here I am again haha.

When I play private matches @ CoD: AW (GB's) and I host (1v1) my ping is around 50 ms.

Is this normal? I think it's really high, when I just play pubs, my ping is around 20 ms. 

Archived