Windows 10 Set for release July 29th, what are your thoughts?

Zennon

Windows 10 , i am looking forward to upgrading after using the technical preview on a virtual machine, i think this will be a good OS what do you think?

And what do you think about the cross platform gaming between this and xbox live?

Here

Windows 10 , i am looking forward to upgrading after using the technical preview on a virtual machine, i think this will be a good OS what do you think?

And what do you think about the cross platform gaming between this and xbox live?

Here

Just got offerd a free upgrade tp full versoin :) looking forward to it now.

0bab2eae15.jpg

2fea4b575d.png

• Administrators

I used to use windows until about 6 years ago when I started tinkering with low level networking, Linux is fantastic for that. So I kinda missed out on Vista & 7. I've had to use 8 for a few things recently and that was god awful. Kinda like the Xbox one interface, its gone backwards. I don't know what Microsoft are thinking. Even just paying for Xbox Live is a ridiculous feat at this point. 

It's like brewster's millions is happening at Microsft, there trying to lose money lol

I use linux at work Ubuntu, and i like it but i need to use windows because of the programs i need for producing music and djing programs or I would switch myself.

Windows 8.1 is good but you either have to use classic shell to bring back the start button or use a dock for your programs.

Win 8.1 is really fast even on a HDD I have stuck a SSD in for just my OS and program drive and it is very fast :)

Win 7 is still my goto windows build.  Hate all flavours of 8 but am using 10 on one of my laptops and it's definitely an improvement.

I don't think I'll be jumping on to 10 with any of my main PCs soon after launch, I'll let everyone else do the guinea pigging for MS and maybe move over if I like what I see.

I will put it on a diffrent hard drive and switch the boot order of the drives and test it out first.

I have to say when i go on 7 machines at work they seem slow in comparison to 8.1 machines I service.

I did like 7 back in the day but there is so many improvements over it in 8.1 I couldnt go back to it.

I understand though that people like to stick with what they know but i think your missing out Akic :)

I will put it on a diffrent hard drive and switch the boot order of the drives and test it out first.

I have to say when i go on 7 machines at work they seem slow in comparison to 8.1 machines I service.

I did like 7 back in the day but there is so many improvements over it in 8.1 I couldnt go back to it.

I understand though that people like to stick with what they know :)

I know of a great windows 8.1 optimisation tutorial :) i must say mine is faster after following it, i can post it if anyone's interested.

Or you could do what I have done 3 SSDs in RAID 5, 32Gb RAM and 12 core i7.  Who needs optimisation lol

And yes I know it's overkill just wanted to go balls out for the lulz

Haha nice set up mate :)

Are you into over clocking ?, I like to overclock

Yeah I love over clocking but don't do it on my main PC I need 100% stability there and I always find myself pushing things to the brink when over clocking.

I have some test systems that scream though :)

Ive still got an old Q6600 overclocked to 3.6Ghz from 2.4Ghz and its stable no isssue at all.

The crazy thing is i go on i5's  i7's black edition AMD's at work but because people do not have net etiquette they have hijacks crapware trojans etc so they end up being slow anyway.

9 was 8.1 really haha, they say that 10 is the last os they will make and it is written as such that it just needs patches through its life , with major changes taking place.

What do you think about the xbox live and pc master race being able to game together?

9 was 8.1 really haha, they say that 10 is the last os they will make and it is written as such that it just needs patches through its life , with major changes taking place.

What do you think about the xbox live and pc master race being able to game together?

I think it's a great idea. I honestly would love to pool PS and Xbox together too. I know it won't happen, but imagine how many players online. It would fix a lot of problems and create a lot more.

I don't really know the ins and outs of it but mouse and keyboard vs controller for fps seems like a big advantage for the PC crowd

I think xbox folk will say you got a mouse and keyboard it's not fair.

Unless they change the rules to allow kb's on live I know people already use xims undercover of the night.

I wonder if they will need to cap the fps on pc when they play us.

I understand though that people like to stick with what they know but i think your missing out Akic :)

hmmm, i have win7 on my workstation and its anything but slow. maybe the SSD? or the i7 6core? or massive amounts of RAM?

i have 8.1 on my media center, wouldnt want to use that for my workstation. works great as a media center base OS.

No 7 is far from slow i just mean i feel that 8 is more stream lined it just feels little bit snappier pro

But it might be that all the customers 7 i am using have not turned off animations etc and when i come home my windows pop up instantly instead of fading in.

I find normal 8 doesnt fade things in as much as 7 and that might be the response I am noticing.

The way the file explorer works on 8 is far superior to 7 i would have thought that would suit a work machine better it cuts down on right click searches for tools etc

i  tweak my OS so i dunno. mine is as fast as i need it to be. plus i use a lot of key shortcuts like alt+tab to get between windows.

i really never bothered to look at the file explorer details for win8+ tbh. guess i should look, not that i would ever use that for a desktop.

Archived