So where is my lag originating from ?

Direink144

I will preface this with a huge thanks to all responders to my questions in the past. So I have 25/10 speed with 7 ms latency coming off my Bell router. Netduma feeds my xbox1. Congestion at 70/70. DSL test through browser on xbox1 will get A+ on everything and 10 ms latency. Xbox1 connection test shows 37ms latency. Netduma host shows 27ms latency , yet the lag is horrific at times. Xbox1 playing COD IW is only device on. What is causing the lag ?

If I had to guess it is COD, the game just plays really crappy online. I have my system setup to the best I can on my side and I get 11ms to 17ms almost consistently for COD and Overwatch when I am on a dedi for COD. When I compare the two, on a dedi in my home state for COD and compared to a dedi half way across the country for Overwatch, CODs performance is still laggy and plays very poorly in comparison to Overwatch that almost plays flawlessly.

I have no idea why but had same issues with BO3 on a different console. However they create thier game, they are messing something up.

I snapped my disc last week. I couldn't take the audibly laggy hitmarkers and being behind the action on 7ms latency (with an average of <0.5ms jitter and no packet loss) to my local server anymore. Good, actually smooth connections that allowed me to play at my best were coming around once every 75-100 back outs even though nothing was changing on my end, and I wasn't changing servers. Yawn.

I wish there was something I could do with the Netduma to force solid connections, even if it was some cheesy exploit, but I guess it's now a £150 paperweight