Hello,I bought this device to be lag free when gaming on 2 pc's and consoles, but the congestion and speed management kind of sucks, the numbers displayed in circle are % of connection bandwidth or how many Mbits it's sharing with that connection?

We have around 10,12 devices in our house, 2 of them are Live streaming box on Nvidia Shield & SetPlex SETV Box, the rest are Ipads,Iphone,and wireless cameras.

Our Download speed is 65Mb and our Upload is 6Mb.

What are we suppose to do? because right now it's extremely slow and laggy on Camera,Ipad, and other devices.

We have to change settings to gaming and take it off when ever we're not playing? that's kind of dumb every day messing around with settings to watch or play games.

It's like we can't do anything else if we're gaming and we're not even sure if our gaming settings are right, really frustrating.

post-17109-0-71092700-1497481383_thumb.png

• Netduma Staff

I just changed my line to 300Mbps Download / 20Mbps Upload

any suggestions for everything guys? thanks.

Hey Sev - please try these new settings for your speeds and let us know if they work for you:

- Reactive Algorithm
- 100% anti-flood
- Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
- Disable deep packet in misc
- Enable turbo mode
- Enable super turbo mode
- Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.

The numbers displayed on Device Prio are percentages. Make sure you run a wired speed test on a PC, and then input the Download and Upload numbers in the "Set Bandwidth" section on Congestion Control.

I just unchecked the share box for both upload and download.

I noticed the speed doesn't go higher than 70mbps on the PS4, but when i do speed test on PC it's well over 270mbps, what's causing this?

I just unchecked the share box for both upload and download.

I noticed the speed doesn't go higher than 70mbps on the PS4, but when i do speed test on PC it's well over 270mbps, what's causing this?

Would recommend speedtest by pc/mac(either will work) as opposed to consoles. What's going on is the console's speedtest can use different servers and different paths around the internet. Trying to compare the results is basically useless. Your pc/mac is going to use the closest server not so with consoles.  I would not trust the accuracy/or consistency of wired consoles and definitely not wireless consoles.  Hope this helps.

• Administrators

It's the percentage of your connection. I would definitely not suggest un ticking share excess (if super turbo is off so congestion control is still active) as then you're capping each device's bandwidth allowance. Leave share excess ticked, 70/70 anti-flood. Console in hyper traffic. Im not sure what you mean by having to undo the gaming settings when you're not gaming, you can leave it all on - especially congestion control when you have quite a few devices online at once. 

As above console speed tests can be inaccurate - I think it even says that on the PS4 test now. It would've been more inaccurate if you un ticked share excess. 

Geo-filter settings would suggest ~1000km radius, strict on, ping assist 0.