Want to Reduce Ping in RB6 (PC)

Hello everyone,

I'm tired of seeing my 75ms+ ping on RB6 PC as I have a connection with 60 down and 6 up. My ping in speedtest is 24-30ms and I have optimized Netduma router settings. I disabled iPV6 and other things that decrease network speed especially multicast snooping. So it's not an issue on the settings side of things. I was able to have RB6 on PS4 always send me to a server in North Carolina which helped me stay at 60ms or below on PS4.

However, I have noticed that I have no use for the Netduma since I've transfered to PC. I'm wondering if there's a way for my to get ping assist or host filtering to work on Rainbow Six Siege. I tried to enable the PC on the GeoFilter with the Xbox Live service as I have no clue how to use the advanced option. I enabled the CoD Ultimate Profile as it worked in many FPS games on PS4 for me, and I also tried to set the home location to my state and set the geofilter to a good location yet my ping remains the same if not worse. The geofilter is in fact in effect. I just don't think ping assist is doing its job as the CoD Ultimate profile didnt result in any good results. The geolocation is not doing good so I would like to enable the CoD Ultimate profile and set the ping assist so that it connects me to a server with that ping range, but it doesn't seem to work as I join lobbies with worse ping.

Looking forward to your guy's tips and guidance!  :)

• Netduma Staff

Hey, welcome to the forum! So to troubleshoot your game connection, I would start out with an Internet Diagnostics test on the Netduma. Could you post the results including your base ping? If you base ping is pretty high, you'll struggle from the outset to have lag-free games. If the diagnostics test shows bad results for anything, it's worth running a pingplotter test for a few hours to get a better look at your connection.

As far as I'm aware, Rainbow 6 uses dedicated servers for the game host but uses P2P for in-game communication. You could try forcing other dedicated servers by setting your home location to where they are with strict mode on.

Hey, welcome to the forum! So to troubleshoot your game connection, I would start out with an Internet Diagnostics test on the Netduma. Could you post the results including your base ping? If you base ping is pretty high, you'll struggle from the outset to have lag-free games. If the diagnostics test shows bad results for anything, it's worth running a pingplotter test for a few hours to get a better look at your connection.

As far as I'm aware, Rainbow 6 uses dedicated servers for the game host but uses P2P for in-game communication. You could try forcing other dedicated servers by setting your home location to where they are with strict mode on.

So after doing the diagnostic test it states Ping: OK Jitter: Good Spikes: Good and No Packet Loss

• Netduma Staff

So after doing the diagnostic test it states Ping: OK Jitter: Good Spikes: Good and No Packet Loss

Did you get a look at what your base ping was? The best you can get is an "exceptional" rating, so there's room for improvement on your line. Running a ping-plotter would give you a better idea of those stats. You could also try another Ethernet cable.

• Administrators

Just to add, the game hasn't been tested on PC but should work just the same. Xbox Live service, strict on, ping assist 0 and should be able to force that same server. Ensure you're using congestion control effectively as well, put your PC in hyper traffic for xbox live service.