Optimise my duma settings

• Netduma Staff

Hey, welcome to the forum :) Try these settings for your speeds:

- Pre-emptive Algorithm
- 100% anti-flood
- Share excess enabled
- Reset device prioritisation & apply
- Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
- Ensure the ethernet cables you're using work properly.
- Do a wired speed test from a PC

Let us know if those settings improve your speeds. Your ping seems fine however; having less than 50ms ping is great and you may not get better than this given that your base ping is 37ms. Try setting your Geofilter to 1000km distance with Ping Assist at 0 and strict mode on. Also, make sure all your devices are connected to the Netduma.

- 100% anti-flood

- Share excess enabled

- Reset device prioritisation & apply

This usually works for me on speed test.net using my phone to test.  However DSL reports speed tests is hit and miss, mostly misses.  I am usually losing 10 meg bandwith using that test. I have yet to really test other speed test websites though.

However I do think there is a bug with share excess, as even with it ticked and with my two XBOXs set to 30% and everything else lower, I see a decrease band width until I reset it, Even with both Xbox turned totally off.  It seems that the Netduma is still reserving bandwidth for the Xboxs even though they are turned off.  So after I get done gaming I always reset prioritisation and apply.

However I do think there is a bug with share excess, as even with it ticked and with my two XBOXs set to 30% and everything else lower, I see a decrease band width until I reset it, Even with both Xbox turned totally off.  It seems that the Netduma is still reserving bandwidth for the Xboxs even though they are turned off.  So after I get done gaming I always reset prioritisation and apply.

I'd heard this before and I'm trying to replicate this but I've not been able to.

If I leave anti-flood at 100/100, and use the flower to adjust %, I get exactly what I would expect.

50% + 'shared' off, to my laptop, gives it exactly 50% of my bandwidth. Tested with Pre-Emptive and Reactive.

If you want us to look into it then feel free to create a thread with your other settings and I'll test it further for you.

I'd heard this before and I'm trying to replicate this but I've not been able to.

If I leave anti-flood at 100/100, and use the flower to adjust %, I get exactly what I would expect.

50% + 'shared' off, to my laptop, gives it exactly 50% of my bandwidth. Tested with Pre-Emptive and Reactive.

If you want us to look into it then feel free to create a thread with your other settings and I'll test it further for you.

Ok, thanks for the feedback but I will wait until the Duma OS is released and see how everything performs.  Not that big of deal right now as my household does not use a lot of bandwidth up.

• Administrators

I tried the settings Out. And it works like never before. My COD connection is great Played 3 games on this settings and its great .thanks for the fast support i finally got the connection that i Want .I will do a speed test later

I dont know , now it's fell's like its from game to game worter.its every time the Same somethimes its really good somethimes Bad and thats most of the time. Do u guys having some tipps?

Did you change any settings since your above quote? It may be the servers themselves so you could temporarily ban them or move your home location to get a different one.