Slow download speeds

Got my netduma today my settings are as flowed

Anti flood set to reactive download 99% upload 70%

Turbo mode checked, Enable deep packet processing unchecked

Bandwidth set to 320mbps dow 20mbps up http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6036818421

Everything else is default

The problem is with that my download speed is slow with this 100mbps http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6036860460 is says on your website “The maximum throughput with all features enabled is approximately 500mbit/s.” why are my speeds slow?

I also tried download cap at 100% upload at 70% and speeds are better 215mbps http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6036840691 but then i don’t have anti-flood on for the download. 

Are you trying different speed test server sites? Some sites maybe busier than others.

When testing with the R1, set congestion controls to 100% for both.

The congestion controls limit bandwidth so when speed testing, you wont see to spec speed depending on how you have the controls set.

And wired LAN cable testing is preferred over wireless.

- Reactive Algorithm

- 100% anti-flood Upload/Download
- Share excess enabled
- Reset device prioritization & apply
- Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
- Disable deep packet in misc
- Enable turbo mode
- Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.

Let us know if these settings help.

@e38BimmerFN Yes i have tried different speed test sites is about the same. It is wired. Yes if both are set to 100% get 300mbps 20mbps but then is not Anti flood off then? I know congestion controls limit bandwidth but 99% of 320mbps is about 316mbps is that not about what i should get if set to download 99% upload 70%?

@e38BimmerFN Yes i have tried different speed test sites is about the same. It is wired. Yes if both are set to 100% get 300mbps 20mbps but then is not Anti flood off then? I know congestion controls limit bandwidth but 99% of 320mbps is about 316mbps is that not about what i should get if set to download 99% upload 70%?

No ISP can guarantee a set bandwidth.  So if you set your congestion control to 70% you will get 70% of whatever bandwidth your are receiving at that time.  I am on cable and my bandwidth is dynamic.  I pay for 50/10 but I may get 50 to 60 download and 10 to 15 upload.  Hope this makes sense. 

I presume if he tested with out the R1 being online as is getting to spec speeds, the R1 should be close to near the same speeds? Even if he's using same speed test server sites? Or different.

I'm pretty sure it was said a long time ago that the reactive algorithm has a 30% buffer on it so even at 99% congestion control you'll lose about 30% bandwidth at times. That's why your test speeds are not adding up to your math. Either way, it's more than enough bandwidth for everyone to use.

• Administrators

I'm pretty sure it was said a long time ago that the reactive algorithm has a 30% buffer on it so even at 99% congestion control you'll lose about 30% bandwidth at times. That's why your test speeds are not adding up to your math. Either way, it's more than enough bandwidth for everyone to use.

Whilst I'm not entirely sure on the maths MoD is correct in that you do have more of a buffer than the 1% you've set it to which is why your speeds drop more than you expect. It is to ensure you do not experience any local congestion whenever your devices are downloading etc.

I expected to loose some speed with anti-flood but i am loosing about 100mbps will this be improved with DumaOS? I don't think there is a way to see cpu usage in the current software but hope this is not a cpu usage problem was wondering if anyone can get more then 300mbps with anti-flood on?

• Administrators

I expected to loose some speed with anti-flood but i am loosing about 100mbps will this be improved with DumaOS? I don't think there is a way to see cpu usage in the current software but hope this is not a cpu usage problem was wondering if anyone can get more then 300mbps with anti-flood on?

It will be improved upon yes, you can see about that here: https://netduma.com/blog/announcement-unveiling-the-worlds-greatest-qos/

If you followed all Buck's settings then you're unlikely to achieve more speed with anti-flood enabled. I appreciate its not great to lose that much speed when you pay for it but doing so means you won't have any local congestion at all and downloads etc won't be slowed down much at all even though the speed is down.