I want to buY this but I don't know if it will help me

jayb962k10

I'm a PC gamer and my issue is I experience connection lag spikes in-game when playing any steam game. The problem is causes by Windows 10 and other background tasks often connecting to the internet to perform updates. Very often there is a process called svchost (netsvc) which causes my problems, I've managed to disable most things causing the issue but occasionally something else will use up my bandwidth (like googleupdates, windows updates) causing lag spikes then I have to manually kill the process (only for it to start again an hour or so later).

Can the Netduma router help with minimising bandwidth usage of non-gaming packets or so? I read its features but it seems to focus on stopping others in your household from contributing to your ping spikes, not your own PC... Lol

If it can't (in its current firmware release), could this be a feature request, to prioritise your connection based on a port number? (E.g. UDP Port 3074) As I know the ports of all my games, thanks

hi, the netduma will not solve this issue as it is being caused by multiple progs on your pc running at the same time. I would suggest getting a really good firewall for the pc and blocking the connection for all progs when gaming except those that are needed to do so. The netduma will allow you to prioritise devices on a network and allow you to limit your geo search in game and it will also allow you to cancel out jitter so in that respect it is very worth while getting it but it will not solve your current issue as it is down to administrative controle on your pc. Aword of advice, never have any progs on your pc even the OS to auto update. always update manually.

When i used to be a pc gamer years ago i used to use zonealarm.

https://www.zonealarm.com/uk/software/firewall/

Svchost using high CPU is usually a windows update bug, I see it all the time at work but mainly on XP, Vista & 7.

This is not your issue however, the Netduma has a Hyper lane where you can place your PC and set the games ports to prioritize them over other bandwidth.

There is a tool called destroy windows 10 spying destroy windows 10 spying
which has an option to stop updates where in windows 10 itself you can not.

It will also block around 40 URLs that Microsoft use to spy on you and stop keystroke spying, you can delete all the rubbish ms apps etc.

In Windows 10  > start > settings > privacy > untick all the data collection, location and apps that run in the background to make 10 much faster and more private.

• 2 weeks later...