getting slow speeds through virgin media

• Netduma Staff

i think is virgin as speed just dropped off again have to give them a call i think 

If the speeds are dropping off when connected to the super hub it must be them :) A call will hopefully sort it all out. Have you resolved the problem with no internet to your PS4?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Netduma Staff

ill give them a call tomorrow and sort it out ps4 still slow just have to deal with it till virgin pull there fingers out of there arse

Haha, lmao. Post back with results. If your still having issues with PS4 post back and we can help you get it sorted.

They will say it was in the small print when you signed up no doubt mate.

I have been trying to get a friend to move from them for years his latency affects our party lobby it is doing my nut in haha.

had it at 70% then put it up to 100% still the same so think its virgin internet as thats what they are virgins

Are you hitting Reset Distribution?  after taking it to 100% and hitting reset, i get my speed back.  But i'm having a simlar issue and losing it if i use congestion control below 100%

• Administrators

Hi sorry late to this thread.

Jeff: that is the purpose of congestion control to throttle the connection :)

Madjust: If they are directly connected to the Virgin modem and the speed is low then its certainly a Virgin issue I'm afraid. 

• Netduma Staff

Hi sorry late to this thread.

Jeff: that is the purpose of congestion control to throttle the connection :)

Madjust: If they are directly connected to the Virgin modem and the speed is low then its certainly a Virgin issue I'm afraid. 

What Jeff was saying is (and I know this I've talked to him about it in chat) is that he can make the smallest change and the speeds would drop really really low. He tolled you about it and the advice you gave him was to make sure he has entered the correct values as his bandwidth but Jeff his still having the issues. The problem Jeff was having sounds very similar to what Madjust was having which I think is what Jeff was saying :)

• Administrators

oh right, get Jeff to start a new thread or I'll see him in chat soon. I don't have Internet in evenings till Sky sorts it out 

• Netduma Staff

oh right, get Jeff to start a new thread or I'll see him in chat soon. I don't have Internet in evenings till Sky sorts it out 

Ok I'll ask Jeff when I see him in chat or somthing  :) Sky is your new ISP?...rip...lol

hahahaha well virgin didn't delivery to my flat :(

Same thing happened to me when I moved, miss my 120mb download speed. The annoying thing was the house 2 doors away from me can get Virgin.

To be fair to sky though I've not had any issues and their customer service has been good so overall pretty pleased.

• Administrators

I'm a bit disappointed with sky at the moment. Delivered to wrong flat now have to wait another 2 weeks. Cancelled service gonna try someone else. I'd already waited about 2 weeks at this point :'( 

• Netduma Staff

I'm a bit disappointed with sky at the moment. Delivered to wrong flat now have to wait another 2 weeks. Cancelled service gonna try someone else. I'd already waited about 2 weeks at this point :'( 

That sucks. I'm sure you'll look back on this one day though and be thankful.

Archived