couple of questions

hey everyone i have had r1 for about a year now and i have read threw this forum couple of times so i set my setup the way i was told.

-Reactive Alorithm

-70/70 anti-flood

-share excess enabled

-reset device prioritisation & apply

-disable ipv6 in wan,lan & misc

-disable deep packet in misc

-enable turbo mode

-and im using a cat5 cable

I have verizon fios with 150/150 and everything set as above with geo filter at 1000km and ping assist at 0 with strict on. i have ethernet cable thats comes out of my wall pluged into fios quantum router thats it nothing else connected to fios, so from there port 1 to port 1 i connect the r1 to fios then connect everything into my r1. I have a ps4,desktop,netgear router all hard wired to r1 and have cell phone, ipad and stream smart via wifi. No matter where i put my bars in congestion control if i keep them at 70/70 like recommened i still shot first die first alot(playing cod). I get kicked out alot of lobbies. i just dont see no difference from being hooked up to the r1 then being hooked up to fios. I know the r1 helps with the lag since im not connecting to people so far away but i get the same gameplay no matter what router im connected to. Any ideas!!!! Thats on my ps4. Now if im rendering a video for youtube on my desktop no matter if i give my desktop all the bandwidth in device prior or keep everything equal the upload time does not change even if i slide my sliders to 100/100 in cc. Im not sure what else to do need HELP PLEASE

Thanks

Well first, congestion control has nothing to do with "shoot first die first" that's just a broken game. As long as your ping is low and stays low no matter what anyone is doing on your network then the R1 is working.

As for your setup, maybe it was a mistake, but you said you have an ethernet coming out of your wall going to the fios router? If that's the case you can eliminate that completely and plug the R1 directly into that ethernet coming from the ONT

• Administrators

MoD has given you good advice above. We really need to know the ping you're getting to the game as well. As you have share excess enabled any other devices that need bandwidth will be able to use it. 

Please provide us with the screenshots asked for here: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022425-lag-support-instructions-to-post-on-the-forum-that will enable us to help you further.

If i remove fios box completely wont that screw up my fios tv service. The box in the wall that fios installed was with ethernet cable and coax cable. Guessing on for internet(ethernet) other for tv(coax). Ir am i wrong im not sure. Guess i can try

Well first, congestion control has nothing to do with "shoot first die first" that's just a broken game. As long as your ping is low and stays low no matter what anyone is doing on your network then the R1 is working.

As for your setup, maybe it was a mistake, but you said you have an ethernet coming out of your wall going to the fios router? If that's the case you can eliminate that completely and plug the R1 directly into that ethernet coming from the ONT

If i remove fios box completely wont that screw up my fios tv service. The box in the wall that fios installed was with ethernet cable and coax cable. Guessing on for internet(ethernet) other for tv(coax). Ir am i wrong im not sure. Guess i can try

I'm not 100% sure, you may want to call and ask... I know before the modem was tied to the guide and dvr service but now I'm not sure how it works.

• Netduma Staff

Will also provide screen shots

Screenshots would be helpful, but if the end-game is to get a lower ping then you've got the right settings. What ping do you get in IW? Let us know how it goes.

here are some of the screen shots that i took and everything looks good. I know call of duty iw is bad right now i can deal with that but rendeing a video takes the same amount of time no matter how much bandwidth i give my desktop. I hope im doing something wrong. lol

post-9549-0-84133200-1484271279_thumb.png

post-9549-0-83558500-1484271292_thumb.png

post-9549-0-91411700-1484271300_thumb.png

post-9549-0-01175700-1484271311_thumb.png

post-9549-0-25334300-1484271342_thumb.png

post-9549-0-88139200-1484272112_thumb.png

post-9549-0-89201000-1484272479_thumb.png

• Netduma Staff

If you're trying to render / download a video, that depends on your overall speeds. I can't see if you have "share excess" ticked, but I assume it is. The sliders on the Device Prioritisation 'flower' are a percentage of your overall bandwidth. However, with share excess enabled, they'll be able to use as much as they need out of your total bandwidth, so long as each other device gets what it needs.

In that way, the only way to render a video faster is to stop downloading etc. on other devices, or get faster speeds from your ISP. Or, you could turn off share excess and turn the desktop right up; but that will hinder other local devices. It probably won't make it go much faster though since it's still limited by the speed you get from your ISP.

With 150/150 speeds you shouldn't be getting high buffering times anyway.

Archived