Lag, high ping spikes, and NAT Type Failed.

I figured I would post this here as I'm not sure where to post it. I have another message about this somewhere but excuse me as I'm not very familiar with this forum or website. The problem I'm having my internet is great (350+ down and 30+ up) when using the R1 router its not so great with speeds. The reason for getting this router is my games no matter how great my internet seemed to be I lagged a bit to much. Since getting the router I noticed my pings while playing is way more then ever before. My average ping will be around 50 and I will get constant high spikes and feel as if majority of time playing my player is being pulled. Another issue is when doing a connection test through the PS I always get NAT type FAILED.  I was asked to send some screen shots on the other thread so not sure if you need more but this is what I have now. Any help would be appreciated as it seems my lag or game play has not improved. Thanks 

1481143992-U11041.png

1481144181-U11041.png

1481144250-U11041.png

1481144281-U11041.png

1481144308-U11041.png

1481144333-U11041.png

1481144369-U11041.png

1481144390-U11041.png

This image is hardwired 

1481144417-U11041.png

This image is using R1 router

1481144447-U11041.png

So it wouldn't let me put the screen shot from my tv that has the test internet connection but I will just tell results. 

NAT TYPE - Failed

Connection Down - 49.8Mbps

Connection UP -  32.6Mbps

Also someone asked for the modem number. Not sure where to find that. On back it has RB951G-2HnD at top. 

Ok I did speed test which was 22/4 and it typed it in. It then asked me if I wanted it to be auto controlled and I clicked yes then I got this message with text below. 

1481150186-U11041.png

I'm not sure how this corrects the high ping and the Nat type failed but I changed what you said. Thanks 

If you got 346mb Down and 32mb Up with a wired speed test, then these are the numbers that you should be putting into the Netduma (and then allow it to do the auto setup).

Have you read the wiki setup/settings information? It looks as though you've not done the initial setup.

edit - How is your network equipment set up?

Modem > Netduma > Devices?

ISP Hub > Netduma > Devices?

Or are there additional things in the chain?

• Administrators

Please only post once as it makes it much harder to support you as it's fragmented. 

As above doesn't look like you've done basic setup so far. 

For your speeds:

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Enable turbo mode
  • Enable super turbo mode
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

The modem number you mentioned is the R1 router. What is the model of the existing modem/router you have? 

If you answer the above questions that will help with your NAT issue.

• 2 weeks later...

If you got 346mb Down and 32mb Up with a wired speed test, then these are the numbers that you should be putting into the Netduma (and then allow it to do the auto setup).

Have you read the wiki setup/settings information? It looks as though you've not done the initial setup.

edit - How is your network equipment set up?

Modem > Netduma > Devices?

ISP Hub > Netduma > Devices?

Or are there additional things in the chain?

I have Modem to Netduma then ps. Nothing else is using the either of them. This internet, modem and router is only for this game and nothing else.

Please only post once as it makes it much harder to support you as it's fragmented. 

For your speeds:

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Enable turbo mode
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.

The modem number you mentioned is the R1 router. What is the model of the existing modem/router you have? 

I will check on these setting your provided here. However I don't have another router as this R1 is only one. The modem I have the model is a netgear CM600. 

For your speeds:

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Enable turbo mode

Ok so when I did these settings I ran into an issue. I will post it below and its when I changed the super turbo mode. The blue message is what I'm getting now. 

1482176998-U11041.png

I also noticed I'm being matched with host outside my geo distance set up. It's on strict settings but still matching many 300+ miles away. 

1482182945-U11041.png

1482183014-U11041.png

Being matched with a host outside of the GF circle is because Ping Assist is set at 30ms. If you only want a host within the circle, Ping Assist needs to be at 0.

Being matched with a host outside of the GF circle is because Ping Assist is set at 30ms. If you only want a host within the circle, Ping Assist needs to be at 0.

No.. cause if it was ping assist it would be a dotted circle not solid...

I also noticed I'm being matched with host outside my geo distance set up. It's on strict settings but still matching many 300+ miles away. 

1482182945-U11041.png

1482183014-U11041.png

We just had this issue the other day and it turned out the person didn't have his geofilter enabled for the right device so why don't you check that?

• Administrators

The blue box is fine. You won't be able to use congestion control but unlikely you will have local congestion with those speeds anyway. 

You will need Ping Assist at 0 to prevent that in future. It could be that the Geo-filter is disabled, make sure the enabled tick box is checked. You could also be experiencing our anti-cheat: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000024118-anti-cheat

• 1 month later...

Its been awhile but its still the same issue. I can't get my game to come off moderate nat type for anything. I have tried all the ideas but it doesn't help. I have a netgear modem that the only thing connected to it at any time is this laptop when I'm using netduma and the netduma router itself. When I test my internet it continues to say nat type failed and the dashboard says moderate nat type. When I use just the modem itself i get type 2 for the nat type and the on the dashboard it say nat type open. I don't see anyway this will ever be fixed?

I have a netgear modem that the only thing connected to it at any time is this laptop when I'm using netduma and the netduma router itself.

When I test my internet it continues to say nat type failed and the dashboard says moderate nat type.

If you're not already, you need to be set up like this:

Modem > Netduma > PS4 + Laptop

If you follow the link that Fraser posted then you will be able to resolve your NAT problems.

And don't unplug your network equipment each night, you'll wipe settings and mess things up.