R1 resetting everyday

Since owning this router its been amazing and game changing,unfortunately in the last week i've encountered a problem.The R1 completely factory defaults everyday for no reason and i have to set up again and yes i do tick cookies.

1.Firmware 1.03.6

2.N/A

3.Open reach modem > R1 > Ps4 

4.As above 

5.Tried resetting many times

Thanks

*Edit* i'd like to add certain settings remain intact such as ppoe login information and theme change

• Netduma Staff

Hey, welcome to the forum! That's a pretty rare issue, but most of those cases we see are caused by overheating. Try moving its location, making sure there's no dust in the vents and nothing covering the router. It can also by caused by your power supply; try using a different plug socket and make sure you aren't using a power strip.

A really rare occurrence happened a while ago where switching between different settings, switching between algorithms would rarely cause a reset. Try seeing if not touching the settings for a few days makes it stop. Let us know how you get on :)

Try setting it up and then rebooting it from Misc settings page. If you do this does it save your settings.

The problem of it rebooting on its own could be a variety of reasons. Is the R1 anywhere near a cordless phone base station or other electrical device?

Its near a power outlet not sure if i can move it much further,but i'll try,i'll do the reset now and will report if anything happens.I must mention the only thing changed was swapping the downstairs ps4 for a ps4 pro,not sure if that could affect anything but prior to getting the pro it was working properly,the pro also appears as a nameless device after the reset where as the standard is called Playstation 4 even after reset.

I searched forum but unfortunately the only other person with a similar problem seems to have rage quitted,so hopefully we can get to the bottom of this rare situation with the R1.

thanks dudes

• 2 months later...

Hi there guys,i'm back with new information:

1.I decided to live with the resetting problem and reconfig it every time ,which is a major pain but nothing i tried worked

2.Now after todays reset its decided not to work with wired connections ,only wireless.My PS4 is unable to obtain a IP address auto or manual,i've tried multiple reboots and manual resets.

I'm starting to think the hardware is faulty as ,open reach modem > ps4  works,bt home hub > ps4 works , open reach modem > netduma > ps4 did work up to a few hours ago,nothing was changed it just disconnected itself 

Edit* how do i send it in for a repair or replacement as of now its unsellable 

Edit 2* Tried bagstas remedy to rebuild database ps4 ,was a long shot as 2x ps4 1x ps4 pro 2x laptops all test prior wouldnt connect wired and unfortunately the rebuild database didnt work

Hi Jack,

Just tried connecting wired to laptop but it says no Internet access,on wireless is fine ,my ps4's wont connect wired too.'failed to obtain an ip' if i manual input an ip (settings) then it fails on internet connection instantly.I've had the R1 about a year and bought direct from you guys brand new

Thanks!

• Netduma Staff

Hi Jack,

Just tried connecting wired to laptop but it says no Internet access,on wireless is fine ,my ps4's wont connect wired too.'failed to obtain an ip' if i manual input an ip (settings) then it fails on internet connection instantly.I've had the R1 about a year and bought direct from you guys brand new

Thanks!

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread in your message - we'll get your router replaced. Sounds like a port has broken.

Hi guys,

I appreciate you guys are very busy but im having trouble arranging the return thanks to dhl,i've sent a email to the main address  explaining that collection did not occur.

The router is all packed ready to go,on a side note its depressing to be without R1 assistance ingames and going from a match winner back to regular old 'food' again.

:(