Setting up netduma- help

it would help if you told us what isp you are using! The netduma is a rounter, yes but it is "not just a router" as it is the software inside that makes netduma great at what it does. 

Thank you for your response. I'm using metrocast, I was referring to the netduma being a router alone and not a modem as well, is that true? I wasn't trying to say it was just a plain ol router or anything. But I used to have a separate modem and router and now I have one Modem router combo. Anyways, we use two PS4 consoles, two iPhones, an iPod and a tablet almost always. I got the highest package I can get from metrocast being 105 download and I don't remember the upload but on my PS4 even if it's the only thing connected only gets up to about 50mbps not the 105. Always experiencing lag and disconnection issues. Not constantly but frequently. I also called to talk to them about it and they forwarded me to someone who never answered. I'm gonna try again soon but in the meantime I'm researching a better set up and eliminate the rental cost. im assuming I would need a modem as well, I just don't want to buy a modem that would affect the netduma router negatively if possible.

• Netduma Staff

Hey there, welcome to the forum! You're correct; the Netduma can't be used as a modem, so you'll need to get one of those. No matter what modem you get, however, you'll be able to troubleshoot and improve your games; and all those devices will benefit greatly from the congestion control features.

It's not uncommon for Netduma users to encounter issues when setting it up, however; so if you have any problems, feel free to post in our support section and we'll help you out. We can also help you to achieve the best settings for your speeds / modem on here as well.

Archived