upnp constantly refreshing!

I haven't really messed around with the upnp much on the duma apart from once when i tried port forwarding to get open nats for cod. Of which I learned that you can't have upnp and portforwarding running at the same time as it conflicts and kind of locks the duma up.

So I factory reset everything to put everything and left it.

After having not played bo3 for a while as im concentrating mostly on finishing bloodborne platinum trophy I needed a break so had a couple of hours on bo3 and noticed my nat was only moderate.

I had a chat with A7 and he said he thinks it makes a big difference to his games if he has moderate or open nat in bo3 so he talked me through how to reserve ip addy for ps4 and set up the ports i need to forward.

So i did! Trouble is everytime i switch on the ps4, the gui on the duma just seems to get stuck refreshing all the time and i have trouble accessing CC or geo filter.

I gave up and decided to disable the forwarded ports and reapply upnp. trouble is i ticked the box and click apply and the screen just constantly refreshes, i left it for 10mins and still just refreshing, I even rebooted and and all though upnp has the green tick in the box psn network test that nat has failed!

Any advice is muchly appreciated :)

I uncheck Enable upnp forwarding in Miscellaneous Settings and check UPnP and i get open nat and good connection. Alao today i have been playing with  and found that entering your Speedtest result in Bandwidth and putting both sliders to 97% works well as this is what most QoS settings work best on.

i have trouble occasionally with the duma gui being very slow or stuck on the white moving progress bar but i have started to use firefox instead just for the netduma and i do not have that issue at all now.

cheers for all the replies guys. i will have a tinker, have never really had this problem before! But then again i have never really never taken much notice about whether nat is open or not! I always use firefox tbh although i do have chrome installed as well.

I have the upnp in misc unticked in the misc. settings and ticked in the upnp section. Maybe i will have a factory reset although i didnt really want to as it means reconfiguring everything and renaming all devices and whatnot! lol ......i know "a little lazy" :P

hmm how strange, it also seems that certain settings in misc that have been previously unticked keep becoming randomly ticked again! like deep packet processing and the link local ipv6 and enable upnp following...... very interesting indeed... as i always have enable cookies ticked always!!

I wonder what can be causing it! I have had to re-untick things a couple times lately!

I found when you set your bandwidth from speedtest into the upload and download boxes, it asks you if you want the router to handle the setup for you. If you say no then everything you've set will be fine. If you say yes then it automatically checks the ipv6 in the wan, lan and miscellaneous. It also checks deep packet inspection.

I found when you set your bandwidth from speedtest into the upload and download boxes, it asks you if you want the router to handle the setup for you. If you say no then everything you've set will be fine. If you say yes then it automatically checks the ipv6 in the wan, lan and miscellaneous. It also checks deep packet inspection.

Aha dude, nice find, im gonna check this now as i have done this on several occasions now but it never auto detects my speeds, just comes up with a box saying "Warning" and thats it!

Still getting the constant refreshing tab though when clicking upnp off or on and then applying, bottom left of the page says "transferring data from" and then the netduma ip page!

At least we may have solved the reoccurring ticks problem lol

Aha dude, nice find, im gonna check this now as i have done this on several occasions now but it never auto detects my speeds, just comes up with a box saying "Warning" and thats it!

Still getting the constant refreshing tab though when clicking upnp off or on and then applying, bottom left of the page says "transferring data from" and then the netduma ip page!

New firmware is not far away and should solve any issues.

i dont know if i mentioned this but i do not use chrome for netduma i use firefox and have no issues since i changed over.....but i only use firefox for duma.

Sounds like you may need to reflush the cloud if you're getting failed NAT. Auto&bleeding edge then apply

I will do fraser, thanks for getting back to me, hope all you guys back at the office are doing well :)

I factory reset and took it from there. I have placed my settings as they were and will probably not fiddle with nat if its going to mess up. I just thought it might be nice to see if i could forward the 3074 & 3075 ports for cod to get an open nat to see if it really did make much difference to gameplay like A7 said it did for him, that was all! :)

• Administrators

I will do fraser, thanks for getting back to me, hope all you guys back at the office are doing well :)

I factory reset and took it from there. I have placed my settings as they were and will probably not fiddle with nat if its going to mess up. I just thought it might be nice to see if i could forward the 3074 & 3075 ports for cod to get an open nat to see if it really did make much difference to gameplay like A7 said it did for him, that was all! :)

We're all good thanks, working hard!

Totally understand, let us know how you get on :)

Archived