After DumaOS 2...move to pfSense based

abc123

Move away from OpenWRT and move to pfSense, this will allow you guys to build and sell your own hardware ;)

with rack-mountable or table top versions...

600MHz single core all the way up to 16-core 2.4GHz processors.

The only negative will still be wifi as pfSense isn't amazing at it (it can do wireless N 2.4GHz and 5GHz, just not AC yet).

From there....i'd love you even more, we could go to bed together every night.

One suggestion along this lines, make a stand alone no wireless router for general and gaming use. Users can always BYO wireless AP to provide for there wireless needs. I connected my AC AP to the R1 for AC wireless needs. Seem that if Duma keeps with the gaming profile and development, Gamers would be attracted more to the flexibility and specific desires for the gaming community and a gaming product. Maybe as some point develop a media focus router for those who do more streaming maybe. Of course, all this depends on what Duma future forecasts and the direction they what to go. My 2 cents.

couldn't agree more, make it like pfSense router box choices.

I am just saying it would be a good hardware opportunity and pfSense is ridiculously powerful, the bad part would be rewriting the UI to make it simplified and streamlined while allowing for more options for advanced users...

I understand the delima and honestly i think a subscription option + hardware would be the best bet for monetization.  buy hardware get 1 year of subscription to cloud updates free...then you pay $2.50 a month or $12 a year or something stupid...it is a nominal amount of money but enough to make duma the money a growing company needs

• Administrators

We hope all customers from the non tech savvy customers to the turbo nerds like Iain (his words) and for those really technically inclined we feel you'll be very happy in January. 

We feel we have a fantastic infrastructure for DumaOS so you should be impressed.

We hope all customers from the non tech savvy customers to the turbo nerds like Iain (his words) and for those really technically inclined we feel you'll be very happy in January. 

We feel we have a fantastic infrastructure for DumaOS so you should be impressed.

I like it when you tease me....it gets me horney toaded

January ?  :huh:

Perhaps I should have rephrased. For the really technically inclined, in January they should be very impressed. 

DumaOS is still on track for Autumn release. Don't worry!

and now i have blue balls

Archived