Hello

I received my Netduma today and after installation my nat type has gone from 2 to 3 on my ps4 which has then caused my nat to be strict when playing Call of Duty.

I am running a BT Home Hub 3, ethernet cable, Netduma, ethernet cable, Ps4.

I have had many problems in the past with my BT home hub causing me to have a strict nat when playing Call of Duty even though my ps4 says the nat type is 2 and every other game runs fine.

My work around was to port forward "Call of Duty", "Xbox Live" and "Playstation 4 Ghosts" in the hub settings and that solved the problem until now...

I have tried to place the Netduma into the DMZ but it does not show up as connected in the hub settings, the only mac address i can see is the one it assigned to my PS4.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Ray

• Netduma Staff

NAT Type 1 - Connected to a modem.

NAT Type 2 - Connected to a router.

NAT Type 3 - There is a problem.

Can you remove all port forwarding rules in the BT Home Hub and then DMZ the R1.  This might help you with the DMZ but it is for the HH 4 + 5, not sure if the 3 is similar. Also, when doing the NAT test are you doing it with the GeoFilter on? If you are try doing it with the GeoFilter off; having it on could give false results as it may be blocking a NAT server  :)

I tried turning off the Geo filter and the nat type remained 3. I have at least managed to locate the Netduma in my hub settings, I had to delete the old mac address it assigned to my ps4 and now it displays the mac address of the Netduma in its place and says it is connected.

I put it in the DMZ and restarted the hub and the nat stayed at 3 again.

I have now tried to forward them same ports I had to the ps4 to the Netduma and my nat type has stayed at 3 but my nat on call of duty has gone to "open"

• Administrators

Ive just realised who Fraser reminds me of ? 

wogan-main_1157100a.jpg

Lol

Yeah, it's the hair I think. And absolutely nothing to do with the start of a massive cock coming out of his left ear. :D :P

Sorry Fraser, my bad :(

:D

lol again

Archived