Xbox live connecting and disconnecting

Ive had my distance set in Host Filtering to 953Km (just a random number) and i left Strict turned off and have been playing xbox live for a few days fine. I then turned Strict ON. turn on my xbox and my xbox is constantly connecting and disconnecting like a yo yo. Am i misunderstanding something? I assume the Xbox live servers are outside of circle?

post-9465-0-58562700-1471284555_thumb.png

Make sure you have bleeding edge cloud ticked in misc settings then retick strict.

If you still have an issue turn off the console reboot the duma from misc settings wait for it to fully boot then turn on your Xbox.

Make sure you have bleeding edge cloud ticked in misc settings then retick strict.

If you still have an issue turn off the console reboot the duma from misc settings wait for it to fully boot then turn on your Xbox.

Thank you i will give it a go. 

Actually can you try this, please un tick bleeding & auto cloud in settings > miscellaneous and manually choose these:

and see if the issue persists.

Is this something your seeing a lot of and this fixes it Fraser?

• 5 weeks later...

Is this something your seeing a lot of and this fixes it Fraser?

Just coming back here as im back to having issues. Ive gone as far as factory resetting the router but still xbox live drops and reconnects. Ive done nothing to the router since factory reset. 

Do these numbers still stand, I can be online for about 5 mins and itll disconnect and reconnect quite quickly but long enough to disconnect my online game. 

• Administrators

No you should be absolutely fine to use auto&bleeding edge cloud now. Are you noticing anything appearing as blocked when you get disconnected? If you're getting disconnected then reconnected it doesn't sound like you would be blocking anything. 

Does the internet cut out at this point or is it just affecting the game?

No you should be absolutely fine to use auto&bleeding edge cloud now. Are you noticing anything appearing as blocked when you get disconnected? If you're getting disconnected then reconnected it doesn't sound like you would be blocking anything. 

Does the internet cut out at this point or is it just affecting the game?

Interestingly, after my factory reset, the only adjustment i made was applying those numbers and i seemed to manage to stay online for a few games until i decided to switch my Xbox off (probably just a coincidence?). I will test more tonight with Host Filtering turned on and test if i get disconnected. I was watching twitch whilst i was being disconnected from Xbox live so dont believe it was the whole internet. 

Archived