Ping Fluctuation

fletcherjames1

I am on version 1.03.6g.

3 speed tests on speedtest.net =

Ping-13 Down-51.73 Up-11.41 

Ping-20 Down-51.74 Up-11.35

Ping-19 Down-51.73 Up-11.37.

Setup = TalkTalk Huawei Super Router HG633 WiFi Boardband 802.11ac - Netduma - Devices

Issue is that in bo3 my ping constantly fluctuates. An example of this is 17 ping to 33/34 ping every few seconds or so. In most games I play competitively I get constantly joked. I would be killing in 2-3 bursts while I constantly get 1 burst. I was wondering whether this fluctuation in ping is the problem? And if you could help. Thankyou

don't worry, that is normal for BO3....if it was going from 16  - 40 -100 etc etc then you would have an issue.....mine is the same as yours....thats just how screwy the bo3 servers are.

you could try removing ps4 from hyper and giving 80% in the cc to the ps4 and leave sliders at 100. i use reactive and i dont use hyper lane but i leave sliders on 100 and give 80% each to ps4 with share excess ticked. it is a game of chances and trials to get what is right for your situation.

• Administrators

Hey welcome to the forum!

As above what is the ping as shown by the duma? 

If your speed test ping is fluctuating like that and they were all taken pretty quickly after each other then that will be an issue with your line. 

Recommend downloading PingPlotter and doing tests over different days/times to see how the ping fluctuates. If it does you can take that to your ISP as proof and see if they are able to improve it.

Archived