Destiny & 1.03.4

Guest Netduma_Iain

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately I am experiencing worse hit detection and lag with the R1 on, when I shut it off my hit detection is better but more random from game to game. Maybe I am missing something on the setup?

• Administrators

Unfortunately I am experiencing worse hit detection and lag with the R1 on, when I shut it off my hit detection is better but more random from game to game. Maybe I am missing something on the setup?

Try reapplying the cloud as it sometimes doesn't flush properly. Also ensure you do a hard refresh with the Geo-filter, Ctrl + F5 :)

I have found expanding the filter to 2988 km with stricked mode on to have better matchmaking than going smaller i dunno why but it does you can check the pings in the below pic also my problem of having players accross the atlantic and south of north africa joining in outside the filter are gone just one of those caused bad connection for everyone in the lobby.

Iain the XBL live thing has kept outside players out that's what all matters to me still red bars but thats up to bungie to sort out as far as i'm concerned it's all about hit detection for me and it works  B)

Here is a pic of my settings.

1431371122-U163.png

second pic

1431372088-U163.png

You're the MVP mate XD

It works like hell ! and no more lobby booting.

So it meens that the ping assist block one of the dedicated server and explain the kick.

I must be missing something in my setup, when I use the R1 my peer to peer never works or nothing shows up in my Geo-Filter. I have followed the directions provided, any help would be appreciated

Thanks

• Administrators

Hi guys, sorry I'm moving office at the moment so I'll be a bit slow.

I think having yours set to hawaii with strict mode on is very optimistic. You should get at least a bit of the west coast as well in my opinion.

Can you guys just clarify one thing for me does beaver error mean you got booted before the game started?

Killasapo i have auto and bleed edge enabled. I dont know what beaver error is but if i get booted i simply just expand the geo by 20km when it works for the next game i just go back to my original settings ive only been kicked once in about 20 games on those settings.

Hi guys, sorry I'm moving office at the moment so I'll be a bit slow.

I think having yours set to hawaii with strict mode on is very optimistic. You should get at least a bit of the west coast as well in my opinion.

Can you guys just clarify one thing for me does beaver error mean you got booted before the game started?

Yes, only when we get kicked but you can avoid this by untick strict mode before the lobby is full.

It´s, for the moment, the only way to use strict mode.

ERROR CODE: BEAVER / FLATWORM / LEOPARD

BEAVER/FLATWORM/LEOPARD errors are caused by a failure to connect your console to another player’s console via the internet.  This can be caused by connection quality issues (such as packet loss, ISP saturation, or general Internet congestion). It can even be caused by certain WiFi setups, faulty in-home wiring, or other issues that require on-site support or expert investigation.  However, they are most commonly caused by router or network configuration issues.  We are also actively investigating the possibility of bugs that are causing these errors to happen even for properly configured and well-functioning networks.

Yes, only when we get kicked but you can avoid this by untick strict mode before the lobby is full.

It´s, for the moment, the only way to use strict mode.

Yes that is what I do all the time, but I think we should focus on why we have to do this and what we can do to fix it. 

• Administrators

ok it sounds like it IS working to me. But I need to explain what is going on. You have two choices with the Duma, both SHOULD be better than not having a Geo-Filter at all. I'll describe below.

Strict Mode On

This means EVERY single player will be in your filter. This is different to all other games as it is ALL not one, not some ALL players. This is the best type of connection you can get on any game.

The downside? Well its difficult to get all the players to be in your local area because the game is picking players from around the world. So I suggest you make your Geo-Filter much larger. This is what Jerry is doing so setting it to 2500+km. 

You need to use a bit of common sense, if you live in Hawaii it will be very difficult to get every player in Hawaii. So Instead its better to include west coast as well.

Strict Mode Off

This will make the majority of players be inside your Geo-Filter however some of them will sneak through using a dedicated server. The players outside your filter will appear as red bar even though they are not.

Conclusion

Hope that makes sense, if not let me know your questions. Also keep ping assist off (0ms) when playing Destiny.

Cheers!

• Netduma Staff

Getting all players in a game from hawaii is not a problem less than 5 min wait. Why do we get BEAVER error? I put half the USA in my geo filter still beaver.

Destiny says this is what the Beaver Error is.

What is strict mode doing and how does it work? I didn't have all these problem with the previous firmware.

Strict mode enabled means that you will only connect to hosts within your GeoFilter. Having it disabled means that you can connect to Dedicated Servers if they are outside of your GeoFilter :)