#DumaArmy Knowledge: Those that know are happier gamers

Dillinger

Greetings #DumaArmy - I have been reading a lot of posts lately, almost all of them referencing Black Ops 3, and there seems to be a general theme.  Tell me if these sound familiar:

"I die too fast when...."

"The connection..."

"Hit Markers every time I...."

"I'm a *insert high number K/D here* player, this shouldn't be happening..."

"I have a *insert low level ping number here*, there is no way I should be losing gunfights...."

I've been sitting, surveying the landscape if you will, and there are some factors that I think are being missed - which is where I hope this thread will help.

One of the key features that I personally feel is leading to so many more sweaty and skill equipped lobbies are the proliferation of advanced controllers.

Scuf.  NiftyModz. Battle Beaver. and there are a slew of others out there, not including the guys who just build them on a base unit themselves.

Then you have a company like Microsoft see an opening and start producing the Xbox Elite controller, which is now being bundled in game console packages that include games like Call of Duty and Destiny.  

And then something like this hits (via Twitter) and really puts things in perspective for me on this issue:

The Xbox One elite controller was released on October 27th, 2015!

Now the default argument may be that those controllers have been produced, but how many have sold?   <_<

My guess, enough to warrant keeping a production line going to get to 1 million units in 8 months.

The last two iterations of Call of Duty have almost dictated that you need one of these advanced controllers to be competitive, even in pubs.  I know there are YT'ers and people who claim not to use them, or they play claw and swear they are every bit as good as anyone else, but that whole sidetrack misses the point.

For everyone that ISN'T a gaming wunderkind, they now have very easy, household name access to quality components to help them game better.

This is just a friendly PSA.  When I read that a company like MSFT had produced 1,000,000 elite controllers, that makes my ears perk up because that is no small investment on their part.  

A little reminder that the competition is gaining ground and the skill gaps are closing rapidly (let's leave the bitch session about the games being watered down for the n00bs in another thread).

That is all.  Happy hunting!

JD

I bought a scuff halfway through Advanced Warfare's life and in 3 games my KDR was on the up. It really does make a difference to ham fisted old people like me. So the lord only knows what they can do for somebody with Skill, or skillzzz if you are twelve.

The elite controller is really good, the ability to turn and look up/down and aim etc whilst doing all the flying about and sliding makes a massive difference for me.

It's heavy though!

If you lose control and throw it at the tv, you might just take out a supporting wall.

Thank goodness that I have more discretionary income at my older age that affords me the option to buy anything (Netduma, Scuf, Benq, BBC) that will give me an advantage over these whipper snappers.  Ha Ha.

I bought my first Scuf in the middle of AW.  It only last about 6 months before the jump paddle button intermittently worked.   I blamed it on AW and the constant jumping, so I bought another Scuf for BO3.  After 4 months, it had the same problem.  I then switched to a BBC (Battle Beaver Custom) controller.  After 6 months, no issues so far.

I don't have an XBOX yet,will at the end of August so can't comment on the controller but will say I went thru 3 scuffs on AW.

The next one I get will be a BB or this one,just have to see what people (that I know) are saying about them.

I stand by most of those comments such as "I'm a *insert high number K/D here* player, this shouldn't be happening..."  being poor attitudes and not really how the game is nor the equipment.

That being said, not having equipment can make a huge difference.  A good gamer is still a good gamer anyways, but having the proper controller, monitor, duma, etc. can help take u to that next level for sure.

In my opinion, you almost have to have them to be on an equal playing field.  I'd bet that a form of these controllers are very common place now.  

Scuf started it all years ago but i feel has went down hill.  Loved the 360 controller however the Xbox 1 version didn't work for me.   The Elite is really just Xbox's version of Scuf; though it is nice that you can customize it within the App.  That's the most appealing part to me - customize  buttons to what ever game you play.  The Elite is super heavy which i don't like.  I actually prefer my Cinch controller for the PS4.  Very light weight and comfortable.

Battlebeaver is one i've always been interested in.  The Elites trigger stops and sensitivity only go so far...  i don't feel the triggers are quite as sensitive as my cinch which you can dial in by screw (same as scuff).   I've heard the BB triggers are super good though.  Can't fork out the dough on yet another brand controller though.

I do miss the start of online gaming though when you only needed a simple controller, the system and your internet and the rest was purely up to skill without any of the bells and whistles of today.  Could easily enjoy 3 different games for the price of one controller to stay with the times.

I hear a lot of bad things about the scuff, but iv'e had mine and use it most days for several hours and its fine, very minimum paint wear, structure still sound and paddles still working fine. I have not once thrown it at the tv, inserted into somebodies ass or thrown it at a wall or tv.

Maybe that's the thing. lol

I hear a lot of bad things about the scuff, but iv'e had mine and use it most days for several hours and its fine, very minimum paint wear, structure still sound and paddles still working fine. I have not once thrown it at the tv, inserted into somebodies ass or thrown it at a wall or tv.

Maybe that's the thing. lol

Well you might be on to something there bags,I've only stuck the scuf up 1 persons ass,but IMO it was well deserved LOL.

The issue I've always had is large ,very strong hands and I'm not the most gentle when I'm mashing buttons in COD,so what usually happens is I break the sticks off,yeah they snap in two.I don't toss my controller just use a lot of force on the thumbtacks,I guess that something I should work on... :D

I bought a scuff halfway through Advanced Warfare's life and in 3 games my KDR was on the up. It really does make a difference to ham fisted old people like me. So the lord only knows what they can do for somebody with Skill, or skillzzz if you are twelve.

Me too , on the old part as well. LOL

Well you might be on to something there bags,I've only stuck the scuf up 1 persons ass,but IMO it was well deserved LOL.

The issue I've always had is large ,very strong hands and I'm not the most gentle when I'm mashing buttons in COD,so what usually happens is I break the sticks off,yeah they snap in two.I don't toss my controller just use a lot of force on the thumbtacks,I guess that something I should work on... :D

I have double tension on both my newest cinch controllers might be something(not so much the brand) that would work for you .

Archived